X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blank Navigation screen

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help me someone, Pleace! Black screen on S-Type
I have a failed NAV update. Black screen and 50 / 51 codes on.
Does anyone have a system disk for a 2005 S-Type 2,7 Diesel?
Denso plyer is 462100-........ something.

My e-mail is: sami.heimonen@gmail.com

Sami from Finland, Thanks.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by spech00
Can you send me also the file for updating my system?
My car have also a black screen.
Hello,

Have you have a Jaguar Denso System update software? (No map DVD)
If... Could you send me it to sami.heimonen@gmail.com Please?

Old 02-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Default Black Sceen of Death

Hello All,

I recently got the blank screen with the flashing codes of 50/51 in my 2002 jaguar x type. I have been reading forums for the past month now and I am pretty sure i need a new software dvd. I do not want to pay hundreds of dollars for a dvd I will use once, so please help me. If someone can email me the software dvd it will be greatly appreciated. My email address is jessiebarnes@hotmail.com

Old 02-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello, could you send me DVD program as well please?

Old 02-06-2013, 05:28 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Please would someone email me the SW file to create a Disc?
to:
tony.cordell@btinternet.com

I was loading an upgraded DVD disc but started the car mid way through
now have EXT 50 and 51 flashing and no Air con or Nav display

Old 02-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2004 XJ8 Blank Nav Screen ugh

Hi All,

Same problem as everyone here, it appears...NAV screen went blank, 50, 51 error codes flashing, etc....

Pulling my remaining hair out.

Might someone out there let me know where to get the info to burn the repair DVD?

Thanks very much.

Randy

ranbarn54@aim.com

Old 02-10-2013, 06:29 AM

I never got it,
Instead I disconnected battery for 30 min
Reconnected
Put the new DVD in and left the car for another 30 min
When I returned it had sorted itself out and the new 2012 DVD was working fine.

The following 2 users liked this post by V40TC:
Luca Italy (03-04-2024), ranbarn54 (02-10-2013)
Old 02-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

This advice is based my experience with my XJ8 Denso system.
There are two system.KWI files available. The most common one you see is for upgrading the revision number of the operating system. The second one is 're- flashing the system operate software. The re-flashing is what you would us to recover the system to its basic operating performance. Some navigation dvds may contain one or both of these files. People will get different results with different DVDs.

The following users liked this post:
Luca Italy (03-04-2024)
Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Default Re-flashing

Then my system definitely needs 're-flashing'', because it has lost all basic functions. The navigation disc that came with the car apparently does not contain these files as it does nothing.

Where do I find the re-flashing program??? thanks

Old 02-13-2013, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by solidx
THAT WORKED!! It loaded the file and screen came up after 3 minutes ~ Thanks FJTech - YOU ARE DA MAN!!! - so i guess I will keep searching for the S/W update file for the system !! Thanks a million to everyone else that helped! - Found new place to be !
i need this update plz! same thing happend to me and i just paid over 1000 bucks to tell me that this is what i need. can i get emailed the sw update?

Old 02-13-2013, 02:50 PM

my email address is michael97217@hotmail.com i have a 2003 s-type r

Old 02-14-2013, 12:49 PM

Try what I suggested above
I never got the SW disc
I disconnected battery etc etc

Old 02-14-2013, 03:28 PM

V40TC...appreciate that info. Tried what worked for you, but it didn't work for me. Have only had the car a few months and it appears to have the original maps DVD, (dated about 2003). Perhaps that has something to do with it, not sure. Have seen some postings where it is suggested some map DVD's have other programming data imbedded, and some don't.....dunno

Old 02-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Default Blank Screen - HELP

Looks like I have a very popular problem. Same blank screen and errors C a50 51, plus my heater is stuck on 87 and defrost and fan on high. It's definitely warm in there. I have to drive with the windows down.
I would appreciate any help I can get with this concerning the software download.
2003 Jag X-Type 3.0
My email is mr.eagle@comcast.net

Thanks Guys
Chris

ps: I have already all the other fixes - talk/menu - hard reset by disconnecting battery.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Having experienced this problem myself, I can throw some light on it.
The error messages denote that it is a software programme and nothing to do with the hardware.
The navigation update disc also have the software for the change of operating systems and the protocols for the fibre optic controls.
The main cause of this problem seems to be corrupted software on the disc or a failure to load it correctly.
As far as loading is concerned the ignition must be on throughout the loading sequence so it is advisable to have the engine running to keep the battery charged. Under no circumstances should the ignition be switched off until the disc has loaded completely, this is signified by the leaping jaguar appearing on the screen at this point control of the heating and other services are recovered and fully operating, taking about 10 mins
So providing the disc you are loading is OK the method is RELAX
1. switch on ignition and remove disc
2. switch off ignition
3. start engine and insert disc
4. do not switch off ignition until Leaper appears on screen, check heater controls work before switching off.
This should restore all the services in the screen housing and rwestore the mapping system, meaning the system has updated and you can now use your old and new mapping disc.
I hope this helps & my thanks to those on the Forum who have helped me in the past Greytop

Luca Italy (03-04-2024)
Old 02-27-2013, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by ranbarn54
Then my system definitely needs 're-flashing'', because it has lost all basic functions. The navigation disc that came with the car apparently does not contain these files as it does nothing.

Where do I find the re-flashing program??? thanks
This is a software problem, that can be addressed by using the latest updated mapping disc.
The mapping disc carries system up-date information as well as mapping updates this includes the controls of the heater, audio and other services controls contained in the "screen binnacle"
Please look at the post I have made on loading the disc.

ranbarn54 (02-28-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 10:24 AM

When I first bought my XJ8 a few months ago, the Nav screen was fully functional, except for the navigation function, itself. I was receiving a message that the disc was not being 'recognized' as a 'map disc'. After foolishly playing with buttons, I lost all programming and use of the screen. My next hope is as Greytop talked about....'reprogramming' through a new Map disc. Quite willing to pay for a genuine Jag disc, but a little frustrated that the only one available to date is the '2011-2012' edition. Surely the new one will be coming out soon. However, if Jaguar knows the release date, it doesn't publicize it...so just a waiting game.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:14 PM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

>the only one available to date is the '2011-2012'

I wouldn't be too sure that an update will be released any time soon. I believe the 2011-2012 disk was the first update in a long time. I don't think there was anything newer for my '05 until that one came out.
================================================
Jaguar - it's not an automobile, it's a Motorcar

ranbarn54 (02-28-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 12:58 PM

Holy Mackerel. Thanks pab. I didn't know that...and I don't have YEARS to wait for another update. Ordering TODAY !!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by ranbarn54
When I first bought my XJ8 a few months ago, the Nav screen was fully functional, except for the navigation function, itself. I was receiving a message that the disc was not being 'recognized' as a 'map disc'. After foolishly playing with buttons, I lost all programming and use of the screen. My next hope is as Greytop talked about....'reprogramming' through a new Map disc. Quite willing to pay for a genuine Jag disc, but a little frustrated that the only one available to date is the '2011-2012' edition. Surely the new one will be coming out soon. However, if Jaguar knows the release date, it doesn't publicize it...so just a waiting game.
The fault you outline is precisely the fault caused by firstly corrupted software and secondly interrupting the loading process. The original disc you have will reload the protocols for the screen binnacle functions ie heating etc. once you have reloaded it you can then use any mapping disc by inserting it in the player when prompted.
So firstly remove the disc
2 start the engine insert the disc and allow it to load approx 10mins do not worry if the heater runs and the screen goes blank allow it to load until the leaper appears on the screen, you should now have regained control of the other functions your nav screen will tell you that the "disc is not a mapping disc" that is alright as you now can remove the disc without losing all the control functions of the heater aircon and audio etc.
Hope this helps Greytop

Luca Italy (03-04-2024)

Quick Reply: Blank Navigation screen