X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blank Navigation screen

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 03:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried the same, disconnected the battery for at least 30 min, reconnected and inserted the original DVD but nothing happened. Please can anybody send me the update file I don't find any other solution for this problem. Would be very nice!

Old 04-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by V40TC
I never recv'd any SW disc
I disconnected the battery for 30min
Then reconnected it and put the nav disc back in the player and left the car with the ignition on position 1 after about 30mins
It sorted itself out and the system has worked fine since.
Well, I am pretty sure that nobody on this forum has the file or it would've been passed to us, it's a great group of guys.

I took mine to the dealer Friday. He disconnected the battery over the weekend (he was told overnight by Jaguar). He called me by 8:00 a.m. this morning that it was fixed. They put in the update. Plaza Jaguar here in St. Louis. $149.00 total. I was pretty happy. They did think that buying the new disc for $199 would do the same thing but I didn't really want to gamble that much for a maybe. I am satisfied but just hope it lasts.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi can you help me out with the navigation on my 03 xj, i have the same black screen display . EXT 50 51
I rely need your help and thanks for your time

Old 05-24-2013, 05:44 PM

please i am having the same issue with the blank screen. i need help. i need to burn something onto a cd?

Old 06-03-2013, 11:56 AM

Hi, I need help with a 2003 Jaguar s-type Denso navi. I messed up with the update and have a blank(black) screen. I need a software DVD to restore it. Thanks a lot. Please send it to jul13usa@gmail.com Highly appreciate it.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:41 PM

Same deal as everyone else, 50 51 code. If anyone has the s/w update file I have a DVD ready to go. james.xna(a_t)gmail.com

Old 06-09-2013, 09:48 AM

hi, I have the same blank touch screen problem and code 50 51. I have read loads of threads that say a software fix is needed - anyone able to help please??

Old 06-10-2013, 03:36 AM

So far I haven't gotten a response. I am going to try my regional forum to see if someone local has a disk I can use.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:18 AM

I may have a disc

Old 06-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Default Error blank screen

Is it possible that you share the disc? Some ppl here already got a fix for this problem but I think they don't like to help others with it. If i get the solution for this problem i could share it and help the others!

Thanks in advance

Old 06-13-2013, 12:42 AM
Default I have the answer to the blank screen!!

guys i posted a few threads looking for answers to this 50,51 code error. unfortunately the only way to fix this is to order a navigation update. i ordered mine from ioffer.com for about $60. its a copy of an original jaguar disc. i popped in the navigation update and within 5 minutes my screen came back to life. i was able to find out about ioffer through hours of searching through threads.if you really want to fix this problem i suggest taking my advice and ordering the disc. trust me 1000000% you won't regret it. Btw i fixed the problem on my 2003 jaguar s-type.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:40 AM

Hi
I have sorted my blank screen!!! I borrowed a nav disc from someone else's x type, inserted it to my navigation module and after a couple of minutes the screen asked for the security code. when I entered the code the screen came up working perfectly. It also works with the original disc now too, so not sure why it needed another disc to get it going again but it is fine now. I did try copying the disc but it didnt work-sorry, but hope the info helps.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:24 PM

This exact thing happened to me today...where can i get that software to burn?... please help thanks email is better to contact me with gmarz70@ gmail

Old 06-28-2013, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by FactoryJaguarTech
PM me your email address. I will send you a file. You need to burn it to DVD-R loose then start car, remove map dvd and insert the one you burned. Screen should say updating. If it doesnt, just let it run for 1o minutes, then cycle ignition. I hope it works. If not you likely need DVD reader.
How and where can i get this file? Any help at all would be appreciated. Dont have alot of money at the moment and this happens lol let me know if you could help. Thanks

Old 07-09-2013, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by gmarz
How and where can i get this file? Any help at all would be appreciated. Dont have alot of money at the moment and this happens lol let me know if you could help. Thanks

I am alas in the same boat ! Nav screen blank and 50/51 showing on ext temp display. Anyone know where to d/l this file or can a member please send to my email?

Old 07-16-2013, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by sasaterzic
please someone tells me, I tried to run a black screen with my navigation disc 2001 as another successful but I did not. Is there any idea how to run a touch screen. please help
Hi everyone am trying to help a friend with his xtype and the screen is blank and there is the same errors coming up 51 50, not sure if I need this software that everyone is burning into a DVD but also it looks like the climate control module is missing from the boot.. does anyone know if I can purchase a module from ebay and would this work or does it need to be the part number as the old one and or could someone send me this software so I can also try to put it in the sat nav reader and see what happens, many thanks.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by FactoryJaguarTech
PM me your email address. I will send you a file. You need to burn it to DVD-R loose then start car, remove map dvd and insert the one you burned. Screen should say updating. If it doesnt, just let it run for 1o minutes, then cycle ignition. I hope it works. If not you likely need DVD reader.
tariqrasab@hotmail.co.uk

Old 07-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Old 07-31-2013, 05:09 AM

Hi everyone can someone also send me the DVD update having the same problem email efr008@yahoo.com . Thanks for the help having the same 50 51 error on LCD and blank nav screen. UPDATE : issued fixed by putting in newer map/DVD disc after it read it leaping jaguar came back on screen and have all my functions back .

Last edited by EddieStyper; 08-16-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:39 AM
Wink

My sat nav problems now sorted.

To all people posting here, let me reiterate the earlier advice. THERE IS NO SEPARATE SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE UPDATE. The software or firmware is contained with the Jaguar map dvd. This firmware gives the screen its instructions. If you have blank screen follow these instructions:

1) Try and ensure you have a verified original dvd disc. Although mine was bought back to life by a non original. The year is not relevant at this time.

2) Ignition on. Load disc. Off ignition. Start car. If the screen is still blank after 10 minutes and ext 50/51 is displayed, there is an interupt between the screen and boot dvd player. This is more than likely a faulty dvd player. The disc player is unable to read and thus cannot load the relevant software/firmware, to enable the screen, air con, etc to function.

My system was bought back by replacing the boot mounted dvd player. As soon as I replaced this the system was back up within 10 minutes.

If your system is working ie screen, air con etc, but your nav system does not (commonly displayed 'the disc installed is not a map dvd' ) then whatever you do, DO NOT go into sub menus and try and complete a system update. The notice 'the disc installed is not a map dvd' is more than likely a faulty dvd player, ie it cannot read the disc. The firmware to run screen etc is already embedded so screen continue to function, but by attempting an update under these conditions wipes the firmware, ready for the new firmware on the dvd disc, however it cannot read the disc, thus blank screen.

It is a robust sysyem just follow these instruction and save yourself an awful lot of trouble. Having no air con in 30 degrees is not fun !

Mods can you close this thread, as I and others are being mislead (although with good intentions) and waiting for this mythical software which doesn't exist. Its all contained on jaguar Map DVD.

Last edited by Big_Cat; 08-01-2013 at 06:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
dlnga (06-10-2014)

Quick Reply: Blank Navigation screen