Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bonnet Liner

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bonnet Liner

Hi All
I need a bit of assistance. I have a 2005 Xtype. 2.1L V6 Petrol. My bonnet liner is all messed up and falling apart. The dust from this is messing the engine bay. I need to replace this.The dealers are going to cost me an arm and leg if I had to order from them. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement bonnet liner. Needs to be heat resistant and reduce noise . I think that is their purpose anyway.
Even if not an original Jaguar bonnet liner but a aftermarket one as well that is of good quality.
I reside in Hillcrest, KZN, SA.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Car Fan

Old 08-02-2019, 03:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 751 Likes on 670 Posts

A forum member, he even does them with Jaguar logo

Aircraft firewall material hood liner insulation pad for Mustang, Corvette, Jaguar, many other cars

Unfortunately he died a while back, idk if his family has picked up his business or not.

OEM pad = C2S44059 = 1 required
Rivets = C2Z3567 = 22 required

Last edited by Dell Gailey; 08-02-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 04:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dell

Do you have any contact details?
Another question for the forum. After the guys at the panel shop took the bonnet off to paint, the bonnet does not remain open. Just slides down. They tell me that the bonnet shocks need to be replaced. It was working perfectly prior to them taking the bonnet off. Remained open firmly. Is there anything that they could have possible messed up or maybe not have tightened when they put back the bonnet. As I said before ,I had no issues prior to this. It's obviously something they did or didn't do. Too coincidental for me to accept their BS story about needing to replace the shocks suddenly. They refuse to accept any responsibility.

Would love to hear you Guys thoughts

Old 08-04-2019, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 751 Likes on 670 Posts

Europe is the closest I could find to you =

https://www.jaguarclassicparts.com/uk/part/C2S44059

I too had hood open for a very long time (hours) over 3 days when the shocks suddenly lost holding strength. As old as they are, it's not that surprising. They work ok if I don't stress them for long periods. When they get too weak, I'll replace them.

https://m.eeuroparts.com/Parts/35573...ort-XR847319A/