X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brake bleed

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017 | 12:41 PM
|
Angry brake bleed

After replacing my wife's left front brake hose (2003 X type ) we can't get any pressure at that wheel or at the ABS module fl port. We're guessing that air is trapped at the abs module. Pressure at the other three wheels is good when bleeding, lots of fluid is pushed out but very little at the left front and the fl port at the abs module. Any suggestions? Thanks. Having gone through different threads on this site, we've tried just about everything posted here to fix this problem but no luck.

Last edited by safari801; 08-10-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-10-2017 | 02:43 PM

I wonder if a vacuum bleeder tool would be of any benefit. I bought one and found that if you remove the nipple and put some silicone grease on the threads to stop it sucking air in you get a decent flow. Maybe this, combined with the usual pedal pressing might get it flowing. hopefully it's not the ABS module but presumably it was ok before you changed the hose.
Good luck
Pete

Old 08-11-2017 | 01:38 PM
|

Thanks, Pete. We've tried that, someone lent me one but a mechanic I talked to thinks the ABS module has air trapped in it and needs to be forced to bleed it self. He thinks that happened when the old hose rubbed against the tire and we sucked air in before the hose finally completely gave way.

Old 08-11-2017 | 02:46 PM

What about a pressure bleeder? I had one years ago that pressurised the system using air from the spare tyre then you just opened the nipples and out came the fluid. At least that was the theory, it used to leak a bit but they're probably much better now. I wonder what Jag recommend after replacing the module.

Old 08-14-2017 | 09:06 PM
|

Well thanks for the suggestion PD but no luck. The guy who lent us the pressure bleeder said he's not surprised either because if using the pedal won't work than the pressure bleeder probably does the same thing and if air is trapped it won't help. Sigh back to the drawing board I guess