X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burn-outs anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The AWD on the jag is lame to say the least, however, try this....when taking a turn, say 5 mph, halfway into it, gun it, the back end will "peel" the tires.....so much for AWD...

Old 05-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racerx82
The AWD on the jag is lame to say the least, however, try this....when taking a turn, say 5 mph, halfway into it, gun it, the back end will "peel" the tires.....so much for AWD...
Depends on the tires and 2.5 vs 3.0. I switched from the crappy *** ContiTouring Contacts to performance Bridgestone 960's. WOW! The difference was simply amazing. I can corner faster than before. Car feels 300 lbs lighter. It was amazing. Grip was GREATLY increased. Such that, I can take any turn (minus u-turns) with the pedal to the floor and the car shooting out of the corner. Even in the RAIN!! pedal down and tires don't break free. I can redline while turning without the tires breaking free. Obviously I kind of wish they'd break free, but having what seems is unlimited traction is a different kind of fun. Obviously in snow, I can pull spectacular drifts. I don't have the Stability control. So I take a turn in snow, punch the gas more halfway through the turn, car drifts, stay on the gas, and the car straightens itself out eventually all by itself. Just steer where u want to go. I love it!

I have a 2.5 also, so grippy tires plus like 5 horsepower might also be the reason I can't get the rear to break away.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

lol..cheers!

Old 06-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

FYI, my brother totaled my X about 10 months ago. I bought a 2005 Volvo S60R. Not only do I like the look better, it's more luxurious inside, much faster (300HP/TQ stock;0-60 in 5s), and it handles unbelievable with 3 different suspention settings. I suggest anyone who can find a rare S60R or V70R to test drive one before dismissing it. In my history of cars, the X ranks under the corolla; and my volvo (which I have now modded to 380HP) is way up in #1

Old 06-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PeelsOnWheels
Just wondering if anyone has tried burnouts in these cars? Well maybe not burnouts.. More like messing around and sliding out. Not in the snow, but wet or dry parking lots, reverse 180s, or handbrake turns. I'm used to doing those things in other cars (FWD and RWD) but not in AWD. So far all I've tried was to bring it into a wet parking lot, turn it and floor it. It wouldn't spin out. I thought the back might kick out after a few seconds. I'm afraid to go faster as I've come close to flipping cars before and I don't know anything about how an AWD handles... which BTW is the main reason I'm doing this...maybe. Also I don't want to try a handbrake turn bc I figure it wont lock up just the rear wheels and if it did it would probably be really bad for the tranny and/or handbrake.

Has anyone autocrossed in these? Although I find it very slow after first gear...
I didn't go through the whole thread so I'll just respond to the OP: You're an idiot.

If you have no idea how an AWD handles, what makes you think it would be a good idea to be messing around trying to stunt drive your car on public property where you will in all likelihood end up crashing or getting arrested? Contrary to popular belief, pulling the ebrake handle and sliding around a parking lot will NOT get you laid. Neither will poorly executed slides and J turns. What's with every guy out there thinking he is Ken Block when most of them clearly have no business even being behind the wheel of most cars?

You can autoX anything, I've seen people out there in way weirder cars than X Types so if you want to practice driving skills, get out there and do it. Go to a track day, most of them have instructors available to teach you a thing or two.

Heed my advice or someday I'll be responding to a thread where you've posted pictures of your X Type that you wrapped around a parking lot light post and I'll just say one thing: Told ya so.

edit: just saw that the OP's brother totalled his X Type for him. I wonder if it had anything to do with parking lot shenanigans? Told ya so?

Old 06-11-2010, 06:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

I don't understand why you would bring up a post that is over a year old on an X type forum just to disparage the car and tout a Volvo. And there are S60R's all over the place around here, I don't believe they are all that rare. I do agree they are a great car and fun to drive.

But so is the X type.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by The Chris X
I don't understand why you would bring up a post that is over a year old on an X type forum just to disparage the car and tout a Volvo. And there are S60R's all over the place around here, I don't believe they are all that rare. I do agree they are a great car and fun to drive.

But so is the X type.
+1 a volvo s60r is not that rare at all.

and what is up with people comparing a jaguar to a toyota. We've already declared its much better than your/ any corolla.

Also, street racing is in the same boat as public drifting/sliding. It stupid and puts your life and more importantly others lives in danger as well. Like UFOZ said take it to a track and show the real skills of there.

Last edited by Jaggyx; 06-11-2010 at 04:53 PM.