X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUSTED, and need to vent

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

in KSA u can get a note from a government hospital that you have sinsitive eyes, if u got this not you can tint ur car as darker as u want with no problem
i got one but i had to pay for it cost me 150 SR thats 40 USD

Old 05-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you were a cop pulling over a tinted car, you might understand why they're not too fond of tints. Also, as a driver of a tinted car, you should think about what could go wrong with a nervous cop pulling you over in your tinted car. I used to have tints, but one night I had my car surrounded by four squad cars, all with guns drawn. They were responding to an erroneous stolen car report (they blamed the computer afterwards) and surrounded my car. My father and sister were with me and it freaked us all out. I had the presence of mind to tell them to put their hands up and keep them there, while I put all of the windows down before the cops got out of their cars.

The point being, the cops think theyre catching potentially dangerous car theives, they cant see into a tinted car, they have to assume that you may have a gun(s) and are desperate. You make any sudden moves, even by accident, you could get shot or killed. Is it worth having tint, when you look at it this way? No. Not for me, anyway.

Yes, some cops are just ticketing folks because they are dicks, but if tints are against the law, you are an easy target. again, is it worth having the tints? Since I got over my tint fettish, I actually think most cars look better without them anyway. And I wont ever get a ticket for tints )

Old 05-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

To the OP:

You are 17. In any cop's eyes you are the most likely to be either: high, drunk, about to crash into something, expired insurance, non valid license, speeding, illegally parking, or killing someone. They WILL be d!cks to you.

Not saying you personally are doing these things, but in my experience with cops growing up, that's how they view guys in that age group. You want to do everything you can to stay off their damn radar, so untint your windows, wait a couple years and you'll see that they gradually stop messing with you the less reasons you give them.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Are you frustrated because the cop was a dick or because you got stopped? If it's the former I'm sure most of us can sympathize. If it's the latter, what did you expect? I know when you were thinking about tinting your windows the whole thing about how dark can you go before you would get stopped and whether it would be worth it came up. So you weighed up the risk vs. reward and decided to go ahead with it. I don't mean to sound unsympathetic but you had to see that coming at some point. I don't know what the laws are like in Canada, but if you try and tell a judge you put the tinting on because of your eyes being sensitive I would guess that the run in with the cop will seem like a walk in the park compared to what the judge will come down on you with. Red Deer is not Saudi Arabia. Part of growing up is living with the consequences of your decisions. Seems liek this is one of those occasions. After what you have just been through, are you still glad you tinted them?

Old 05-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Sorry about your luck Disco, you've had some real bum luck with your X. In my personal experience, I was usually pulled over for tint more because the officer was more interested in what was going on inside the car than the tint iteself. Usually late at night looking for drunks, people with warrants, etc. Then may as well line the township coffers with some of your cash since they stopped ya anyway. Its all about money. The morning officers meeting they could have been told to enforce this or enforce that. Tint is easy pickings and easy money. So I don't tint my cars anymore. I do still have tint on my jeep but only got hassled at the airport, and I can understand that in this day and age.

So like the poster above stated eloquently, ya kinda knew this was part of the deal. I'd just go ahead and lose the tint. Seems like if you get nailed once, then you'll get nailed again.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...What Chris X says

Most cops aren't interested in your tint...it gives them a reason to stop you and sniff your breath while looking inside your car.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Alright, just upset that he was a a-hole about it, plus, i went 20% up front, and limo rear, just so i wouldn't get fugded. And i shoulda started using the sunroof trick again.

i know what u mean about the safety of the cop, theres also the one where u have to make eye contact with a pedestrian, so u dont mow them down.
And i did know what i was getting myself into, its just that the last cop that stopped me, before this guy said i would be fine for it.
Looks like im going to have to surrender on this one. After the ticket is cancelled.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

Hope it all works out for you in the end.

Eye contact with a pedestrian????? Can't say as I ever heard that one. What if you had limo tint sunglasses on? Could they bust you for not being able to make eye contact? Man, Canada sounds like a scary place........

Old 05-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually, it's the pedestrian that wants to make eye contact with the driver, that way they know the driver sees them before walking in front of the car.

Last edited by Tiger88; 05-15-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I usually like to make eye contact with pedestrians... Right before I go GTA on their asses.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Received 2,266 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfadude
Red Deer is not Saudi Arabia.
You're right. Alberta has far more oil that Saudi Arabia. Be nice or they'll stop selling it to you.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA thats awesome, yes it is scary

Old 05-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member

Hey, we have plenty of oil, trouble is it's just a little hard to collect when it's floating on the surface of the Caribean or on the beaches. :>)

Old 05-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Received 2,266 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfadude
Hey, we have plenty of oil, trouble is it's just a little hard to collect when it's floating on the surface of the Caribean or on the beaches. :>)
So the Gulf Coast is in the Caribbean now. Cool.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Veteran Member

Close enough for the geographically challenged like me, but if they don't stop it soon maybe it will get all the way over there..........

Old 05-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Veteran Member

You know what that means, BON FIRE ON THE BEACHES, here in alberta, CN has had its own very costly/dum disasters too