X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Service...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 07:29 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: A/C Service...

The refill kits that they sell at kmart are different then what you would get from the manufacturer. As far as I know no auto manufacturer still uses freon they all use R something something... so it does not harm the environment as well as the kits sold at k mart.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:07 AM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

It don't matter anyways what R134a is or what it does..it will be banned in 2011 from all new cars made (better stock up on it now, as the price will sky rocket like R-12 did)...reason is now, is that the the envoronmental theorists think it is contributing to Global warming..Now that it's not depleteing the Ozone layeranymore.

So folks kiss your A/C goodbye..get use to driving with the windows down like we did back in the 20's ,30s, 40's and 50's...Came full circle hasn't it?

PS..I have a few dozen cans of R-12 for sale ...Cheap...$25.00/14 oz can..I paid $1.25/can for it in 1985 at K-mart.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:32 AM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: bojangles

ORIGINAL: Dennis

The Ozone hole thing is Bull ****...Plain and simple, drummed up by a bunch of evironmental wacos that Dupont put on their payroll to rant about it..so Dupont and other refrigerant chemical companiescould have a reason to create a whole new industry around Non HCFC type refrigerants...It has nothing to do with the environment, but everything to dowith big business getting richer off the little guys.
Do you honestly believe that?
belief is much different than the technical truth.

I think that maybe YOU are the whacko .... there is countless and endless scientific studies that show
1) the damage is real
2) the corporate and governmental people are the ones ignorring the environment for their gain.

The case against the issues is never scientific, never without rants of corruption. Your story is an urban legend created on the doorsteps of the trailer park world.
The real scientists are always well spoken, and have clear succinct well prepared information.
Beyond the unsubstantiated corporate stuff, where is your data or proof or reasoning to release refrigerant to the atmostphere? What gives you the right to do potential damage, totally against the reason of science and the legal system? It is selfish in the deepest negative meaning of the word.

Not to mentionthat, damaging the environment is so bloody obvious, it is just plain dumb to release poisons recklessly into the environment. It would take a real Dumb-buttocks (not allowed to say *** I was told)to ignore the situation.

I guess Hummer drivers deserve their reputation.
Are you through with your personal digs at me?..If so then listen and shut up for once in your narrow minded life.

Don't preach your hypocritical crap at me while you sit at you plastic computer typing on plastic keys..Don't tell me you are so self righteous to sit in you gas guzzling car and tell me about what you think you may know about the world of corporate business and making profits under the guise of environmental concerns..you Don't know what in to hell you're talking about, only what you hear form the radical morons you call environmentalist, I'm in the industry that deals with this...Now go hug a tree and lick it's leaves..turn off all your power and sell your man made house and build an organic shedout in the woods, and don't forget to bury all your clothes too, they are produced and made from hundreds of environmentally toxic materials..until you do all that and give up the comforts of modern living,don't preach this better than thou environmental righteousness.

Your comment about HUMMERs proves you're slanted , never would you consider that of a Escalade, or a Tahoe, or a Navigator, or a Land Cruiser, etc..

Old 03-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys chill out!

I'm not going to add anything to the fire. However, I will present my side.

While I am not involved in any ways in environmentalism or have any applications to it job-wise, I will say that the amount of scientific papers out there arguing that refrigerant, in particular R134A/R12 is detrimental to the environment is quite evident across the net.

However, Dennis, I'd like to hear your viewpoint as well. If you could point us out where you're finding such information with some educational merit/backing, I'd love to read about.

In the end, you guys need to chill out. Shesh!

I'd love to see you guys in India where they dump kerosene into Rickshaws....it's so evident your phlegm turns black!!!! [&:]

Old 03-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,009 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  6.4 KB

My god............I'veseen enough of this.
If you have a point to make, by all means make it with NO personal remarks and or insults in any post or topic.
Enough is enough.

[sm=closed.gif]

Jim