X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Stalled on the highway, after a few minutes it started up????

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Car Stalled on the highway, after a few minutes it started up????

ORIGINAL: ShaguarNYC

ORIGINAL: aquill1

See thats the funny part...mine didn't happen in cold weather though? Mine was when it was still warm? I know that hose had to have been cracked for at least a few months as cracked as it was!
I know it seems odd, but I had no trouble over the summer. I bought the car in late March when it was already warm, and had a trouble-free summer. Only in the last few weeks have I had the issue, and it coincided with the colder days. When it was 60 degrees a week ago, suddenly everything was fine again.

EDIT: My symptoms were a bit worse than yours though, because my car stayed in limp mode for about 30 minutes of driving each time. Maybe that was due to the colder temps compared to when you first experienced your issues? Its a mystery! All I know is, I'm happy its been fixed!

Old 11-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah I hear you! I'm glad it was something small and stupid although, vital, for smooth operation!

Mine just decided to do it no particular weather or anything...It only did it twice...once when my wife started it for the first time in a week or so to drive across the street and than again when I was moving it to clean it out before we were to leave for Wisconsin...actually a couple of hours before I was leaving! I ran to autozone real quick and was back home within 1/2hour!

So I never tested it out to see the limp home mode I went and ran the obd on it asap!

Old 11-19-2007, 07:53 PM

Yeah I hear you! I'm glad it was something small and stupid although, vital, for smooth operation!

Mine just decided to do it no particular weather or anything...It only did it twice...once when my wife started it for the first time in a week or so to drive across the street and than again when I was moving it to clean it out before we were to leave for Wisconsin...actually a couple of hours before I was leaving! I ran to autozone real quick and was back home within 1/2hour!

So I never tested it out to see the limp home mode I went and ran the obd on it asap!
Seems I may have celebrated too soon I left work today and the CEL and Cruise light came back. The cruise light was gone after about a minute though. I will check the hose tomorrow to make sure it is on tight. Fingers crossed.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Veteran Member

That sucks man...hopefully it just came undone or something...sorry to hear that man[:@][:@][:@]

Good luck...did you ever check the codes? Do the test and let me know I have a page for all of the jaguar codes...

Old 11-20-2007, 01:43 PM

That sucks man...hopefully it just came undone or something...sorry to hear that man[:@][:@][:@]

Good luck...did you ever check the codes? Do the test and let me know I have a page for all of the jaguar codes...
Will do. Thanks. Its just hard finding the time to get this checked out. I'll let you know.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Veteran Member

alright do that...testing it wouldn't take too long just find a local autozone or similar store that will let you monkey with a obd2 or just buy one!

Old 09-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, not sure if i already replied but the final outcome was my fuel pump. It cost me about $800 dollars to fix but it never stalled out after that. I hope this helps!

Old 10-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Im getting the same codes

0171 / 0174

How did you find out for sure it was the fuel pump?

Any other suggestions as to the problem?

Old 10-28-2009, 01:39 PM

Honestly it was difficult to pinpoint the exact problem and it was just a matter of testing each possibility and process of elimination. We replaced the mass airflow sensor, one of the oxygen sensors, tested all fuses and relays and he said it was the fuel pump. Believe me I tried every other idea and options because who wants to spend $800 to $900 bucks and find out it wasn't the problem? After replacing the fuel pump it never stalled again on me. I read that it happened to somebody else out on these boards as well.
I hope this helps.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:42 PM

Oh, yes, I remember now, my mechanic said he had some kind of meter on the fuel pump or some fuse to see if it would cut out while driving and he said it did.
Sorry I can't be more specific but this happened some time ago.