Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: CD Player

You may either have a leak in the trunk that fried the CD changer or its disconnected.. The seller probably knew it did not work which is why they removed the cartridge... So its probably toast..

Old 01-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Received 61 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: CD Player

Is your in dash unit a cd or cassette? When you push the CD(cassette model) or CDC(cd model) button does the display try to play the cd or does it just stay on am or fm like you didn't push any button at all? Does the cd changer have the jaguar logo on its sliding door for the magazineor is it an aftermarket unit attached with an fm modulator?

Old 06-05-2010, 05:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You didnt get an answer, but I have a similar problem. I have the full cassette, but it wont play CD's. It a genuine Jag book stacker...it makes all the right noises when the loaded cartridge is insered, the the dash indicator says no CD??

Old 06-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Steve - Check the connections at the CD changer. The head unit communicates, using serial digital commands, with the CD changer via the AINet cable. If the CD does not respond with the appropriate serial digital response, the head unit assumes it is not there and will not respond to you pushing the CD button. This communication occurs at each vehicle start up.

If the AINet cable is not plugged in properly, or connector contacts are corroded (as from moisture in the trunk), or simply the changer is not working properly, the CD option is locked out on the head unit.

Do you have the standard or the Premium audio system? If Premium, also check the AINet connections (two cables) at the amplifier, also in the trunk, mounted above the changer. In Premium systems, the AINet from the head passes through the Amp before going to the changer...

Also, do you have the Navigation system? If so, the AINet signal path goes the the Nav box first (also in the trunk, co-located with the CD changer - it's a DVD player), then to the Amp, then to the Changer... all connections need to be checked. A loose or problematic connection at any of these terminations can cause your symptom; along with a bad AINet connection at the head unit, a bad head unit, a bad Nav, a bad amp or bad changer... hope it's just a loose or dirty connection!

Last edited by QuadManiac; 06-06-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:26 AM

Thanks very much. I checked the rear of the player and found the plug loose. It wont fit properly and looks like a small part of the plug has broken (spring clip). Can a replacement plug be sourced generally or would I have get the whole thing from Jaguar?

Old 06-13-2010, 01:57 AM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

If you have the premium sound and/or navigation, the cable is short, just going from the amp or the nav to the CD.. In this case, I'd suggest getting the proper cable from a wrecking yard.

If you do not have premium sound, the cable goes all the way to the head unit, and it would be a BEAR to replace... I'd suggest trying to fix/jury rig/whatever the existing connector, or replace just the connector or part of the cable from an equivalent short cable from a wrecking yard.

The AINet connector is standard for Alpine systems, so the connector may be available separately from them or their supplier.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:31 PM
Received 149 Likes on 111 Posts

I believe I have a standard Jaguar radio. AM/FM/WX /CASSETTE AND PLAYER. I have a multipin round plug in the rear of the radio that has a cable inserted. I believe it terminates in the trunk. I would like to install a player in the trunk, but I am unsure if these plug are universal or specific to a player.
I would also to know where i can find the pin function of the cable
Your info appreiated

Old 11-02-2016, 07:06 PM

what is the proper way to load cd.s into cassette