X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Player (single) Won't Eject 2004 X-Type

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016 | 11:38 AM
|
Default CD Player (single) Won't Eject 2004 X-Type

Today, all of a sudden, my CD (single) player won't eject. I've been playing the same CD for the past few days without a problem, but when I tried to eject it this afternoon, it would not come out.

I've tried introducing another CD into the slot, but it doesn't trigger the release of the first CD.

There has been nothing else unusual about the player. The radio is working fine.

Any help would (Again) be much appreciated.

Old 10-28-2016 | 12:08 PM

Is it still playing the CD as normal?

The following users liked this post:
CaliforniaGirl (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016 | 12:18 PM

does the CD in the player ...play... when you switch to CD?

Does the eject button show a green light?

My wife just left with our x-type, but normally.... there is a manual eject hole one side or the other of the actual CD load slot. It will be very small if it's there. Like the diameter of a paper clip wire.

CaliforniaGirl (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016 | 01:09 PM
|

Hi Larry, No, the CD will not play. The display shows "track 00 0'33'". I have no green light on my eject button. I've read about it on other posts but do not see one.

Old 10-28-2016 | 09:35 PM
|

Hello Yardbird, Sorry to say, I see no green light on the eject button. Also, I do not see any manual eject hole.

Has anyone heard of disconnecting the battery to create a forced reboot of the CD? I read this someplace else and am grasping at straws.

I watched a video on how to remove the CD player and it involves taking out the whole center console (AC/Heating component, Center display as well as radio/CD lower element).

I'm thinking that more things could go wrong is disconnecting and reconnecting all those pieces - and even if I did - would there be any certainty that the CD player would work again?

My 2004 only has 62,000 miles so this is very disappointing.

I welcome all suggestions with thanks!

Old 10-28-2016 | 10:15 PM

I would first pull the fuse out for a few seconds and put it back in. This might help reset something. I believe it is fuse #44 (behind the coin box). If that does not do the trick then hold the eject button in for a minute or two and see what happens. Can't remember if there is a light that flashes or not but if it does have one let go if the light flashes and then push it again right after. If none of that works remove the negative battery cable for a few and hook it back up and give it a whirl. You will need your radio code to do this though.

peace out,
daddylogan

Last edited by daddylogan; 10-28-2016 at 10:49 PM.
CaliforniaGirl (10-29-2016)
Old 10-28-2016 | 10:21 PM
|

Thanks Daddylogan but I'm confused about "fuse inside the car behind the coin box" ??? I don't know that location. More guidance appreciated!

Old 10-28-2016 | 10:34 PM

Ok....if your sitting in your car, to the left of your left knee should be a removable tray that hold items in the lower dash (down below your headlight switch on the lower portion). The inside fuse box is behind that. I might have the fuse number wrong...let me double check on that.

Correction...should be fuse F44

peace out,
daddylogan

Attached Thumbnails CD Player (single) Won't Eject 2004 X-Type-fuse-location-2002-x-type.jpg   CD Player (single) Won't Eject 2004 X-Type-fuses-2002-x-type.jpg  

Last edited by daddylogan; 10-28-2016 at 10:47 PM.
CaliforniaGirl (10-29-2016)
Old 10-28-2016 | 11:14 PM

I have an 04 X-Type and it have the same problem, I left one CD in there and play it over the time until one day I decide to change to other CD, and it won't eject, I think we should not leave a CD in the player for a period of time. I have to removed the whole center console to remove the CD, and now my radio do not play also. by the way I have a couple of questions:
1st- If I want to replace with a unit that have the touch screen and Nav. and Blue Tooth, what do I need other than the unit itself?
2nd-Can I install the back up sensor wit camera display on the screen?
3rd-Is the power seat memory have its own module under the seat ( mean plug in and play) or it is programed in the BCM?

Old 10-29-2016 | 09:51 PM
|

Thanks Daddylogan! I've had my car for more than 5 years and never noticed the "coin box" before! I'll try pulling Fuse 44 tomorrow and see what happens.

Old 10-30-2016 | 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl
Thanks Daddylogan! I've had my car for more than 5 years and never noticed the "coin box" before! I'll try pulling Fuse 44 tomorrow and see what happens.
Haha...you crack me up CG!!!!! I noticed mine right away because the darn thing won't stay put. Keeps wiggling it's way out on it's own!!!

peace out,
daddylogan

CaliforniaGirl (10-30-2016)
Old 10-30-2016 | 05:03 PM
|

Thanks for the suggestion, Daddylogan, unfortunately, it did not do the trick. I removed and replaced Fuse 44 and now when I press the CD button, the display reads "CD Error" rather than "Track 00 0'33" so something happened - just not what I was hoping for.

If any other ideas occur to anyone, I would welcome them.

Old 10-30-2016 | 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl
Thanks for the suggestion, Daddylogan, unfortunately, it did not do the trick. I removed and replaced Fuse 44 and now when I press the CD button, the display reads "CD Error" rather than "Track 00 0'33" so something happened - just not what I was hoping for.

If any other ideas occur to anyone, I would welcome them.
Well basically nothing worse happened CG...it is just telling you now that something is definitely wrong which it was before. Does the player still play? Does the radio still work? Is the display asking for a code?

I basically think your CD player just gave out...it happens. You can get a replacement on eBay at times or pay someone to fix the one you have. Sorry my ideas did not help.

Here is another source you might want to give a whirl:

5 Ways to Remove a Stuck CD from a Car CD Player - wikiHow

Good luck and I hope it all works out for you. Remember if something is indeed broke, no advice from anybody will get it working again and you have to wave the white flag even when you don't want to. Trust me, I know this all to well!!!! ;-) It might even be cheaper to buy a used CD player off eBay rather then pay to get it fixed.

peace out,
daddylogan

CaliforniaGirl (10-30-2016)
Old 10-30-2016 | 08:02 PM
|

Daddylogan - thanks so much for all your ideas and your good humor in walking me through this process. I've been having a little PTSD about this car after spending $800+ and almost two months in trying to get an alternator /low voltage issue diagnosed and repaired. After 5 (yes really) alternators, various wiring repairs and new Jaguar battery cable replacements, I'm still not sure it's working properly, but I'm trying to be positive. So, even though a non-functioning CD is not the biggest problem on the face of the earth, it rattled me. All of this is by way of saying that I really do appreciate the calm, patient and expert advice that you and others have given me on this forum.

Old 11-03-2016 | 05:48 PM

CG,

Silly question but how is your battery?
I had the same problem with my Kitty along with the "S" button next to the shifter did not work.
Changed the battery and hey presto both issues fixed.
Our cats are very sensitive to a weak battery.

Also found this if you need one.

2002-2005 Jaguar X-Type Radio Single Disc Cd Player 1X43-18B876-AB XM790 | eBay

and this

CaliforniaGirl (11-03-2016)
Old 11-03-2016 | 09:29 PM
|

Thanks Paulc732 - I believe that my battery is OK. I just got a new one (5-year free replacement) in March of 2006 and while I was having alternator issues, I took the battery in (in August) and it tested at 99%. I really appreciate all your suggestions and insight. You forum folks are the BEST!

Old 11-04-2016 | 08:56 AM
Veteran Member

"I just got a new one (5-year free replacement) in March of 2006"

I am guessing that is a typo. If not, that is a great battery you got there!

CaliforniaGirl (11-04-2016)
Old 11-04-2016 | 07:56 PM
|

Yes, Alfadude - it was a typo - but thanks for your sense of humor!

Old 11-10-2016 | 09:36 AM
Default CD won't ejected

After took out the unit and remove the CD, the radio is not played. Thanks dadylogan, I check the fuse #44, yes it's burned, Ireplaced the fuse but only radio is play, the CD still says "CD error", I guess the mechanism were messed up, now I think of replace whole unit with after market with touch screen, navigation, blue tooth and rear parking assist, can some one suggest what brand and wiring schemes?

Old 11-10-2016 | 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by daddylogan
Haha...you crack me up CG!!!!! I noticed mine right away because the darn thing won't stay put. Keeps wiggling it's way out on it's own!!!

peace out,
daddylogan
My ex 03 have that coin box, but the 04 doesn't have the coin box, I have to perform contortionist to twist my head under the dash to replace the fuse, don't they think of any better place to place the fuse box?