X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed my Battery then S.O.B!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Changed my Battery then S.O.B!!

so i replaced my battery yesterday, then today i had some free time so i took the car to get it smoged checked... and what did the dude say to me...Fricken REJECTED!!! What !!.. He asked me if i did anything to the car recent, I said yes i changed the battery yesterday.. its reading OBD Comp (not completed) & EVAP ( not Completed ) what the frick!! he said to drive the car around and then come back and retry...

So what do i need to do drive the Sh#t out of it?? Burn off a full tank of gas??? What???????????????

I did do a nice job today by putting a Fresh ( emissions Failed ) mark on my clean carfax!! Sh#T !!

Old 04-20-2010, 01:08 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes once you replace the battery the computer would loose its memory... This happens on any obd2 car I believe... Or at least all the ones I have owned.. You hve to get the computer to go through a few cycles to adjust itself and log some data.

Sorry but you seem a bit automotive challenged I think.....

Old 04-20-2010, 07:56 AM
ud
Received 148 Likes on 75 Posts

Some basics- the ECU stores faults in non-volatile memory, so disconnecting the battery does not erase codes or reset the ECU. The only thing lost is the display. So, if a code reader is used and a fault code is displayed, then battery disconnected, you'll lose the code, but not the fault. The only other things erased (or reset) by disconnecting the battery will be user selectable memories such as seat memories, radio mode settings and presets, based on the length of time the battery is disconnected and TCM memories.

Jaguar uses a pair of codes to ID system ready or system unready. They are P1000 and P1111. Take a code reader and see what appears. Given the test results, it should be P1000. If there was a fault (and the EVAP note suggests one) that has to be repaired, plus the drive cycle completed before the ECU will go into and display P1111 which is what the testing station must see.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevetech
Some basics- the ECU stores faults in non-volatile memory, so disconnecting the battery does not erase codes or reset the ECU. The only thing lost is the display. So, if a code reader is used and a fault code is displayed, then battery disconnected, you'll lose the code, but not the fault. The only other things erased (or reset) by disconnecting the battery will be user selectable memories such as seat memories, radio mode settings and presets, based on the length of time the battery is disconnected and TCM memories.

Jaguar uses a pair of codes to ID system ready or system unready. They are P1000 and P1111. Take a code reader and see what appears. Given the test results, it should be P1000. If there was a fault (and the EVAP note suggests one) that has to be repaired, plus the drive cycle completed before the ECU will go into and display P1111 which is what the testing station must see.
I took the car 100 miles last night, this morning i checked the codes again, i still have a pending P1000 , Evap says complete and other items say complete like o2's.... only item says not completed is components? what is this?

Old 04-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Received 2,191 Likes on 1,357 Posts

I dont know what state youre in? (insanity maybe) but in texas, you will pass if 1 or less monitors are not ready if youre a 2001 or newer. Older cars can have no more than 2 not ready. Drive cycles can be finicky, but generally 30 miles down the freeway with more than a 1/3 tank of gas does it