X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clear/smoked sidemarkers...where from???

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default clear/smoked sidemarkers...where from???

looking for clear or smoked sidemarkers, i found a set on ebay for $15 plus $15 shipping.. so $30 per set, and i found out the front and back are the same just flipped left to right and backwards, now i just need the small one that goes infront of the door...any ideas where to get it? i havent been able to find them

i know not all jags have the same side markers so here is a pic... in canada it has yellow in the front bumper, yellow on the fender that ties in with the door trim(thats the one i cant find) and red in the back bumper...
Name:  IMG00024-20100625-1525.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  155.2 KB

any help appreciated, even used is fine as long as not damaged

Old 07-06-2010, 01:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

UK models don't come with the tacky side markers like our US cars do... Can u supply a link to your find of the orange n red markers replacements? I believe you have mistaken those markers you found on eBay for the markers that are on your front and back bumper... In fact, the side markers you most likely have found on eBay are the replacements you are looking for, side markers on front door fenders.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Jag...286.m270.l1313

I don't think they sell aftermarket bumper marker replacements for smoked or clear ones. The only replacement I can think of is from Mina Gallery, http://www.minagallery.com/jagxp/Jag...mperblades.htm , and that's where you have to replace the whole bumper blade in order to get rid of those tack orange and red markers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-Ja...Q5fAccessories

The link above is the only item on eBay listed as a rear bumper left side marker light replacement... but its OEM...

Or you can purchase some vinyl and cover them up yourself.

Last edited by JagXType620; 07-06-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I replaced the amber side marker bulbs with blue HD, and the lenses with cloear. Looks great, and the ligtht output is great. Just be careful when you reomve the lenses. They are a push from the rear...be careful

Old 07-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I agree with you "ghettomike", it pulls away the clean look of the Jag.

I used 3M vinyl from a lil vinyl shop around town, If your sport was platinum color, I have a pretty big roll left, but its that darker shade.

I give full credit to the member "Exepat" (Jeremy) and his X Type Sports Jag for the idea.

You use the vinyl and wrap in around the lens to match the body color and just pull out the bulb and put socket back in, (which might be illegal in some places, not to have night time running lights that is.)

I posted a pic to get an idea for ya.

BTW GhettoMike, Hows the 20's ride, you had to of had the fenders rolled right?

Attached Thumbnails clear/smoked sidemarkers...where from???-vinyl.jpg  
Old 07-06-2010, 09:07 PM

fabfive i did the same thing with the vynal on my cadillac, i got the white diamond vynal and reapped my sidemarkers, covered the DRL on the fogs that was yellow, made eyelids to change the shape of the headlights and covered the trunk bezle and reverse lights, it looks really clean, problem is legally there hasto be a light and with the dark paint it wont shine through at all, on my white caddy you can see them perfect. we did use a vynal tint on my buddys black cts for the same things as mine, maybe i will do that.

as for the 20s, no fender rolling, no suspension mods, no spacers.. just rims and rubber on and they fit perfect!!! im not sure what the offset is, but we do have the tires slightly stretched.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of rims are those? They look clean!

D

Old 07-13-2010, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by dmsdvls3
what kind of rims are those? They look clean!

D
they are VCT Mobster, the black inserts are removable, but i like them. we will be painting them to match the car eventually but just dont have any time!!!

http://www.thewheelconnection.com/sh...h=BlackInserts

not where we got them from

one thing i found was finding rims that fit this car was tough, then try to find rims you like that fit...it was next to impossible.
good thing is these are a dual 5 bolt...5x108 for the jag and 5x114.3 which is much more common...almost every import

Last edited by ghettomike; 07-13-2010 at 10:58 PM.