X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

climate temperature wrong

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 07:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default climate temperature wrong

Jaguar X type digital climate display. 2005 estate, petrol 2.5. I have had my garage look at this problem of why the temp control doesn't work. I can get cold air to come out when I need heat or a furnace temperature when I need cooling. They have sent the control part for testing and has come back with no problems. I am thinking now that the blender flap is either not responding correctly or is occassionally stuck! Has anybody else had similar problems?

Old 03-15-2018, 09:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

What control part are you talking about?

Are you saying when you push the buttons on the dash to either raise or lower the temperature the display temperature does not change? Or are you saying the outside temperature readout is not correct to the outside temperature; like does it say 90 degrees and teh real outside temperature is 40 degrees. If so, that sensor is bad. I believe it it somewhere low behind the front bumper. Easy enough and cheap enough to fix. Do a search on here and you will find a number of threads about that.

If you have heat or can get cold air out of the vents, just not where you wnat them, then, yes, it could be a blend door issue. Again, do a search on here and there is tons and tons of info about that and how to fix it.

If you are saying you get some heat and then all of a sudden it starts blowing cold air, check your coolant level.

Good luck, I'm sure you can get it diagnosed quickly. You have come to the right place here. A lot of friendly helpful people and a wealth of information. The X-Type has been around so long, that chances are if you do a search you can get some information to help point you in the right direction.