Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Colour Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 474 Likes on 355 Posts
Default Colour Question

Hi Chaps I have just dropped in from the XJ8 area to ask a quick X Type Question. I need to know the name (and colour code would be a bonus) of the Solid Red colour the X type came in as seen in this picture:

I need to know as I want to have my Triumph Painted in this colour as it is a very red red! LOL I tried ringing the dealer today but couldn't really get any sense out of them.

Thanks For Your Input Guys Its much appreciated.
S.

Attached Thumbnails Colour Question-x-type-red.jpg  
Old 02-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It looks like it could be "Salsa (1964/CHA)" or later called "Chili Red (2077/CHG)". I don't think it would be Radiance since that would be a bit darker.

I'm sure someone with an X-Type Sport would know for certain.

Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
Stu 1986 (03-03-2011)
Old 03-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks For your help! I think the colour I want Salsa as it isn't metallic. Thanks For the heads up and helping me out!

S.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That reminds me of years ago when I wanted to paint my TR-6 the color Blue that came on a '67 Corvette. After I had it painted it looked terrible on the TR. Colors you love on one car doesn't necessarily look good on another. Depending on the year of your TR you might want to look at the Vermillion Red they painted on the later models or, what I use now on my MGs is the Porsche Red of the later years. Looks fabulous but a little darker than the Jag shown in your picture.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:33 AM
Veteran Member

Hi Rick- I understand what you say when one cars colour may not suit another. However my Herald is already red but I want it redder! I love red it is my favourite colour and I have a lot of red things! LOL Thankfully I have a really clever friend who actually knows how to use photoshop and was able to use the Jag colour on my herald to show me what it will look like. Cool is what it will look like!!

The TR6 is an awesome car! My herald has the Vitesse/GT6 2 litre in line 6 engine fitted with stromberg 150cd carbs. It sounds great! Though I know a man who has the TR6 lump in his Herald!

Thanks,
S.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stu, I absolutely love the Herald and yes, it looks great in Red. The TR6 looks great in Blue too but I should've went with the standard baby blue they have (which I really love). I wish I knew how to change the color of something in photoshop as it would sure make it nice. Post some pics of your car, would love to see it. What color is it now? By the way, I didn't find out the X-Type was made in Liverpool until after I was there, but I did see a lot of them around.

Another question. When I was over there I saw a lot of Rovers that looked exactly like the X-Type inside (quite a lot outside too). Were they related, if you know what I mean?

Old 03-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Banned
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

STU, check out pheonix red, I think that is the best jag red... my favourite

Old 03-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Stu, if you want it redder, go for Ferrari's red. It's the most lustworthy shade of red out there, is going to be more prestigious when you tell people what color you painted it, and it's not going to cost much more for the paint than any other shade.

The color's called "Rosso corsa", and you can probably find the PPG paint chip for it without too much searching. Online pictures don't do reds justice. I saw two different rosso corsa Ferrari's on the road over the past few months - in person, there's no redder red than Ferrari red.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RickMG
Another question. When I was over there I saw a lot of Rovers that looked exactly like the X-Type inside (quite a lot outside too). Were they related, if you know what I mean?
They were Rover 75s Which were before the X type and released the same time as the S Type. They were BMW derived but later went independent before Rover folded because of an dodgy deal with a Chinese company. My Dad had a 75 before he got his ZT (Which is a 75 in gym clothes) and they are nice. They did a V8 version with a Mustang V8 in and an estate (Station Wagon) version even made a world record time at the Utah Salt Flats. I'll post some pictures but check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_75
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_ZT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHNsqrxKZLo

My Herald was Red to begin with but during the restoration it is now red, black, navy blue, white and grey. But after this weekend it will all be one colour! I will post some pics if you guys want to see.

I will look into The Ferrari red I assumed that would be a very high price. The Phoenix Red is a good colour also though it is close to Salsa. I will be having a metallic grey flash or stripe along the side of the car just to add a little something. Anyway I posted a picture of how she looks at the moment.

Thanks For all your help so far. Stu.

Attached Thumbnails Colour Question-rover75.jpg   Colour Question-r75-interor.jpg   Colour Question-zt-front.jpg   Colour Question-7350-100119.jpg   Colour Question-2.jpg