X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering new X-Type. Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Considering new X-Type. Thoughts?

It takes 3 liters to equal are gallon correct? I thought it was awesome when it was only say a dollar a liter in canada but realized that it took alot more liters to fill the tank! I can't believe it only took you 2 days to realize that this jag may not be worth it. I have no problems with the 20 mpg i'm getting in this car! I have no problems with the looks and exclusivity this car carries with it either. I've owned mine for just over 2 months and still love every second of this car!

Old 11-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Drove the cat down to Pittsburgh from DC for Thanksgiving, WOW, that's all I can say about this car on the highway. Its so much more comfortable than my previous Saab and the 3.0 engine, I'm just speechless about its power. I was like a little school girl driving it down and back up, I was giggling with joy the whole time.

Yeah, the fuel economy definitely requires a little getting used to, but then again, I did come from a 2.0 turbo, so I can't be biased. As with all cars, it will slightly get better with time.

Thanks to 60 degree weather, I put two coats of Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection to keep the elements away from my beautiful black paint.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Guys,
This is no ****...past weekend, driving up to the grocery store to pick up a few items, park my baby (cleaned and waxed) next to these two blonds (both HOT) sitting in their Camry. We get out the same time and the older looking woman says, nice car....I said thanks...that's my baby....we start idle chit chat and next thing I know they give me their freakin business card and ask to call....turns out they were mother and daughter (daughter looks legal anyway). One word... WOW.....I know it's not me....well I???m not bald or fat...medium build... I can't be UGLY....but I know they liked my car, not me....well i don't know if that's a good thing or not, but it's an eye catcher for sure.........If I was only freaking single!!!
wow, where was this car 13 years ago???!!

Anway, i'm wondering if other people /male-female have any similar stories.....

I might just have to hold off on that Stupid BMW

________
BMW Z9 HISTORY

Last edited by racerx82; 05-17-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

I am off outside now to wash and wax my car even though its dark outside!!!!!

Old 12-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

X type = seXXXX appeal apparently
Got my 2.5 v6 sport (02) bout 2 months ago and has been drivin me crazy ever since. Am just about to add rear park assist, lookin at cruise control, checked out the prices of grooved /dimpled performance rotors and red stuff pads. Can't wait for the snow n ice to check out the AWD system (lol) lookin to get the AWD badge on the back and am lookin forward to the summer so that I can get the ( newly refurbished alloys £200) off and get the calipers painted and the Jaguar decals applied. Oh yeah, don't forget the "sportzblue" uprated bulbs for that blueish tinted look with high performance lighting - just so you can go out in it at night.
MAN - What a hectic 2 months its been!!
The looks you get when driving it are just great - gives you a warm glowy feeling all over. The wife loves it. she was in a garage filling up and said she was gettin all checked out by these young guys hmmmm!
I think I need to use it more often.
Lastly, I was speakin to my Sales director and told him I got it, and it was kinda like, you bought what? Did I hear you right? When speaking to the Office manager bout it and told her it was Jag X type - I swear the line went quiet for 3-4 seconds, like what are you doin buying a car like that.
Lovin every minute of the JAG experience so far............well except the er rather frequent visits to the petrol station.....needless to say my Tesco clubcard points will allow me to buy food for the month next month

Jim C

[IMG]local://upfiles/858/F8DB911503F94E129E8300AB141897E5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Oh yeah - not forgetting the clear side repeaters which I think look much better than the std ones.....( not seen in this pic unfortunately)
Name:  T15ESSJAG3.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  3.7 KB