Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cracked and leaking unidentified small coolant system hose

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 10:35 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default cracked and leaking unidentified small coolant system hose

Hello dear friends,
I am immobilized in the PA woods by a nasty coolant leak from a little hose that I cannot identify so I could order a replacement. Please tell me if you know what this little hose is, only named as "23" on a Jaguar x type coolant system diagram but without a clearly identifiable name (see diagram). Please, please, please help me. I cannot move anywhere even to a grocery in the closest PA town. Thank you and God bless.

Last edited by marcela; 05-16-2020 at 10:41 AM. Reason: attach photos
Old 05-17-2020, 07:14 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,887 Likes on 3,194 Posts

marcela, if you can, pull the hose from the car, get a friend to drive you into town and match up the hose size to something that the store has sitting on the shelf. Just find a hose that has been pre-bent. If the hose is too long, do not fret. Cut it using a sharp knife or cutters. There is nothing special about having a "jaguar part" in this case. That is just generic coolant hose.

Old 05-17-2020, 11:23 AM
Default Thank you, Thermo

Originally Posted by Thermo
marcela, if you can, pull the hose from the car, get a friend to drive you into town and match up the hose size to something that the store has sitting on the shelf. Just find a hose that has been pre-bent. If the hose is too long, do not fret. Cut it using a sharp knife or cutters. There is nothing special about having a "jaguar part" in this case. That is just generic coolant hose.
For the time being I cut the end where the crack was and pulled the clean end over the (?) T connector and I left the other end remained on place (hidden under other hose) connected to the big box that I don't know what it is. So there is no such thing as "Jaguar part" as far as this little about 8-9 inch hose is? As always, you helped me so much. Thank you.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:25 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,887 Likes on 3,194 Posts

If you are after the true jaguar part, I believe what you are after is part number "C2S9554". Granted, that little hose will set you back $41.50 plus any shipping and handling and/or any tax. Where a similar hose from your local auto parts store is going to cost you $5 or so.

Old 05-19-2020, 02:07 PM

Thermo, I drove (without any problem) my car in town with the one inch cut end but not only the auto parts guys said that they do not carry bent hoses like mine, but asked me why I would like to remove my happily staying in its clamp hose as I pulled it after I cut its cracked one inch end off. Meantime the SNG Barratt were very interested in my VIN. A non Jag hose would cost me, NAPA guys said, $25, but again: why would I replace my little 8 inch hose if now everything runs fine with its new length of 7 inch? After your answer/s I felt a great relief. Thank you so much. Though I now feel my car so hot when I touched it when I open its hood, maybe too hot from the missing insulation? Maybe she was always like that but I didn't realize it? But let's say case closed. Best regards.

Last edited by marcela; 05-19-2020 at 02:12 PM.