X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross Post From NE Region

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cross Post From NE Region

I am cross posting this from the NE Region because I hope the rest of you will find some value in it.

How It Turned Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Tap View Post
I spoke with Martin today and made an appointment for next Tuesday. I will get an oil change and leave the car for him to diagnose my air conditioner problem, which I think is a mixing door not functioning correctly.

I also mentioned that the car sometimes goes into limp-home mode when I am using the J-Gate to down shift, which is something I do a lot. I said to him that I think this is a computer software problem. Martin said do not use the J-Gate as the transmission can't handle this type use. If I leave it in D it should not have this problem.

I will report after I get the car back.

I brought the car in on Tuesday morning and said to Martin I wanted an oil change, (I supplied the Mobile 1 Extended and Mobile 1 Oil Filter,) plus a coolant flush and new coolant, air filter all to be supplied by Jagpro. I also explained to him that I thought I had a problem with the blend door, based upon my description of the air conditioning he thought I was correct. However after doing a diagnosis he said the blend door was functioning properly and he thought the problem was the fan module. He checked around and said that he would get one if that was the part causing the problem. He was able to get one, and he said that he thinks it was the last new one available in the USA and it will not be made anymore by Jaguar.

Here is the total cost
Oil Change labor 29.95
Coolant 125.000
Air Filter 23.60
Radiator Module 497.00
Install Module 220.00

Sub Total 895.55
Tax 77.24

Grand Total 972.79

All in all I think he is very fair, honest, and I will definitely use him for this and other cars even though it is a major hassle to go there leave a car for an indefinite amount of time.

I live 45 minutes away in crappy traffic.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Most of his prices seem reasonable, but at least save yourself the $30 and DIY that oil change my man!

And I think others have chimed in on the other thread about this, but there is nothing wrong or damaging with normal, reasonable use of the J-Gate. The computer essentially idiot proofs the shifting. If you beat on it, you'll probably have issues either in D or J-Gate.....

Thanks for the post, I'm sure some members will appreciate seeing some of the prices.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not me !!

Originally Posted by The Chris X
Most of his prices seem reasonable, but at least save yourself the $30 and DIY that oil change my man!

And I think others have chimed in on the other thread about this, but there is nothing wrong or damaging with normal, reasonable use of the J-Gate. The computer essentially idiot proofs the shifting. If you beat on it, you'll probably have issues either in D or J-Gate.....

Thanks for the post, I'm sure some members will appreciate seeing some of the prices.
I would rather have someone else get under the car. All I want to do is drive it