X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise control not available

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control not available

Hi all thank you for letting me join your forum.
I have a 2005 05 plate x type diesel estate se with 141,000+miles and it had the Cruise control not available on the dash (been like this since I got the car) and I wondered how I can get rid of it.
will a diagnostic reader do it if so which one (don't want to have to sell any body parts just for this one thing) or
​​​​​​Would it have to be done at the jaguar dealer/servicers
any help would be great

Old 05-08-2021, 09:16 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,898 Likes on 3,203 Posts

Dustine, by chance, do you also have a check engine light? I would say to get the codes read for the car and see what you see there. The issue with a cruise control not working is you are looking at 20 different sensors that all have to work to maintain speed. Any one of them doesn't, you get the "Cruise not Available" message. With the X-Type, this is normally associated with a wheel speed sensor, but this also tends to light the ABS light too (you don't mention that). Get the codes read (most auto parts places will read the codes for free) and then post the code(s) back here. It could be something as simple as a wheel speed sensor (A C11X5 codes where X is a number between 4 and7, indicating the wheel). Could be something like an intake pressure sensor (therefore the ECU cannot properly calculate engine load).

I am sure the dealership can turn off the cruise, but by the time you spend the money for that, you could have fixed most of the common issue and filled up the tank with fuel. To get a computer to do it yourself would set you back about $600 USD.(probably more than you are looking to spend).

Old 05-08-2021, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo
Dustine, by chance, do you also have a check engine light? I would say to get the codes read for the car and see what you see there. The issue with a cruise control not working is you are looking at 20 different sensors that all have to work to maintain speed. Any one of them doesn't, you get the "Cruise not Available" message. With the X-Type, this is normally associated with a wheel speed sensor, but this also tends to light the ABS light too (you don't mention that). Get the codes read (most auto parts places will read the codes for free) and then post the code(s) back here. It could be something as simple as a wheel speed sensor (A C11X5 codes where X is a number between 4 and7, indicating the wheel). Could be something like an intake pressure sensor (therefore the ECU cannot properly calculate engine load).

I am sure the dealership can turn off the cruise, but by the time you spend the money for that, you could have fixed most of the common issue and filled up the tank with fuel. To get a computer to do it yourself would set you back about $600 USD.(probably more than you are looking to spend).
​​​​​​

Thank for the reply
As you can see in the photo I have no engine warning light no abs light the only light that's on is the orange one under the spedo and the cruise control not available under that as you can see