X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise not available

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise not available

MAF X Type. I’ve just changed the spark plugs on my x type and I had to remove the MAF sensor because someone had superglued the plug together due to broken catch, etc etc…
Anyway, when screwing the sensor back in, I accidentally touched the positive battery terminal with the screwdriver!!!!!!! Now I’ve got the famous cruise not available on the dash, an orange jelly bean and crap engine performance. I’ve ordered another sensor for $29AU and hoping I haven’t done any more damage. BTW the spark plugs badly needed changing.

Old 11-06-2020, 07:06 AM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Peterwilson
MAF X Type. I’ve just changed the spark plugs on my x type and I had to remove the MAF sensor because someone had superglued the plug together due to broken catch, etc etc…
Anyway, when screwing the sensor back in, I accidentally touched the positive battery terminal with the screwdriver!!!!!!! Now I’ve got the famous cruise not available on the dash, an orange jelly bean and crap engine performance. I’ve ordered another sensor for $29AU and hoping I haven’t done any more damage. BTW the spark plugs badly needed changing.
I would go thru your fuse box’s with a fine tooth comb and check every single fuse to make sure none blew first and then run or have the codes ran and see what codes it has and post them here and don’t leave any of them out and someone might be able to help you better. Also make sure that all wires and sensors are plugged back up. The one on the throttle body is one that’s known for allot of ppl to forget plugging back up and it alone will cause all the problems you described

Old 11-08-2020, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Codes front Cruise not available

Hi and thanks for your reply. The only code I’m getting is P 103.
Still waiting for the MAF sensor

Originally Posted by TonyJ1977
I would go thru your fuse box’s with a fine tooth comb and check every single fuse to make sure none blew first and then run or have the codes ran and see what codes it has and post them here and don’t leave any of them out and someone might be able to help you better. Also make sure that all wires and sensors are plugged back up. The one on the throttle body is one that’s known for allot of ppl to forget plugging back up and it alone will cause all the problems you described