X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dashboard window vents and upgraded kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 02:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dashboard window vents and upgraded kit

Hi Chaps, Ben a while since I posted here.

I need to to replace my passenger side vent (the long one just below the windscreen) on my 2006 Jag X Type. Any recommendations on where to find this part for less than an arm and a leg? I’m based in Los Angeles area.

Also, I can’t locate where to purchase the upgraded attachment kit that fixes it in place without the dreaded rattles.

Sorry if this has been posted endlessly. Couldn’t find it with a cursory look.

Cheers!

Old 08-16-2019, 01:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 542 Likes on 354 Posts

When my passenger side started giving trouble, I tried all sorts of different adhesives, wedging arrangements and devices to keep the two legs of the end plug apart and engaging with the underside of the hole in the dash top. Nothing worked for more than a few days.

Then I was led to believe that the 'cure' was a new end plug; perhaps a modified design by Jaguar? I bought a pair from my local Jaguar Dealer three years ago. There was no obvious difference to the old one, but perhaps the material has changed. Whatever, it clicked firmly into place and has never moved/rattled since.

Part No C2S44682 Specify your colour. SNG Barratt price today is £2.54.

The grill itself is listed at £41.86 for LHS and £ 52.25 for RHS (Why?!) but a used one from a breaker would surely be cheap as chips?

The following users liked this post:
Yorta2 (08-16-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 12:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks you!

Originally Posted by astromorg
When my passenger side started giving trouble, I tried all sorts of different adhesives, wedging arrangements and devices to keep the two legs of the end plug apart and engaging with the underside of the hole in the dash top. Nothing worked for more than a few days.

Then I was led to believe that the 'cure' was a new end plug; perhaps a modified design by Jaguar? I bought a pair from my local Jaguar Dealer three years ago. There was no obvious difference to the old one, but perhaps the material has changed. Whatever, it clicked firmly into place and has never moved/rattled since.

Part No C2S44682 Specify your colour. SNG Barratt price today is £2.54.

The grill itself is listed at £41.86 for LHS and £ 52.25 for RHS (Why?!) but a used one from a breaker would surely be cheap as chips?

This is terrific! Thank you kindly for the input and the part number. Knew I’d seen it somewhere. This is a great help.

Will definitely look into breaker yards. Was considering it but never done it before so bit apprehensive. I guess the one plus of the faulty design on these vents is they shouldn’t be too hard to remove lol!

thanks again, you’ve been a big help!