X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you know what the name of this is?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do you know what the name of this is?

I've been having some issues with my rear tires wearing on the inner portion faster than the outer. I brought it to a tire shop and I was told that the "trail rod" has to be replaced, it's loose. I was told since this rod is loose, the weight of the car causes the tires to push out and therefore the inner portion of the tire receives most of the weight, hence it wearing faster. The areas in red is were it's loose

My questions is what is the real name of this part and where can I find it other than the deal?

Thank you
Damian

Name:  notsure.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  86.2 KB

Attached Thumbnails Do you know what the name of this is?-not-sure.jpg  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

That's the lower control arm, which will run you $100 at the dealer and around $85 online (plus shipping though). You can also call a local auto store to see if its available for less (non factory).

Never heard anyone call it a trail rod, kinda makes me think twice about having my car serviced there. It's always known as a control arm, period.

Last edited by spielnicht; 01-07-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for your help. I'll try and find it and install them

Damian

Old 01-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I might suggest getting replacement bolts, as the tend to seize in the bushings....may need to be cut out. They can be a bear for the inexperienced.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Please let me know where you find yours the least expensive. I am looking for the same parts for my car and have had the same problem. And of course it would appear jaguar has to sell the whole assembly instead of being able to service it for cheaper.

Has anyone tried energy or MOOG or anybody like that to make a replacement bushing sleve that will actually last?