X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have.........

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010 | 10:36 PM
|
Default Does anyone have.........

.....an exploded view of the transfer case? Mine is leaking straight out of the driveline flange, but not around the output shaft. Strange......anyone had this problem?

Old 04-02-2010 | 12:42 AM

These t-boxs have been known to leak from a few different places. If you post a pic, I can further assist you in the repair procedure.

myglimk2

Old 04-02-2010 | 07:50 AM

There was/is a tsb on this..basicly remove front of prop shaft, take off nut holding flange on, clean well with brake clean to remove any traces of oil on nut and flange. Apply silicone/hyaseal to seating surface of nut and torque back into place. Reinstall all. If you have silicone already its a free repair. Also if you dont have a sealed prop shaft cv joint you should repack it with grease.

Old 04-02-2010 | 11:37 AM
|

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. The leak was at the rubber boot at the rear of the CV. The metal strap/tie that holds the boot to the drive shaft was loose and just flopping around. As a quick fix I sealed the boot end with silicon and installed a large ziplock. I also topped off the TC. That seemed to stop the drip, drip leak. When I get some better weather (snowing right now) I'll pull the flange/CV and do a proper internal sealing/lube. Thanks again!