X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door removal and wiring HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 06:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Door removal and wiring HELP!!

looking to replace 2 right side doors on my 2006 Jaguar X-type, and had a question about the door wiring. Does the door panel have to be pulled and all wiring disconnected at motors and switches or is there a master harness clip in the door jam, in the door or in the body pillar that can be disconnected?

At the junk yard can i cut the wire in the door jam or would I be better to cut the harness in the car cabin.

Have done this work forever, but never on an x-type. i guess i am looking for the best way to do it on this platform.

I did a search here on door wiring which returned a bunch of hits but not the answer i was looking for. Been on youtube as well with no luck, Any help is appreciated.

TIA Ron

TIA Ron

Old 09-03-2021, 08:46 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,932 Likes on 3,228 Posts

Ronks, I would look, but it would appear that you should find a connector (possibly a few on the front door) that will be tucked in the door jam inside the body of the car itself (not in the door). This should make things easier to replace. The one set for the front door will be behind kick panel there on the side. The other connector (for the rear door) will be behind the trim for the B-pillar. That should leave you with only having to worry about these connectors and the bolts holding hte door in place. Make sure to take the rubber boot with you. It may cost you a few extra dollars to take the door that way, but it will save you a lot of time having to pull the wiring out of the door and having to pull the door panel off.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:07 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Thermo,
Looking at the front especially it appeared that it was a harness that would unscrew, which is what led me to look here for posts. i will definitely look into the pillar and front kick panel before hacking any wires. Will pull the wiring covers and all adjacent parts as well. interesting as to how few bolts hold the door on, but they made up for it in the size of the hinges. My buddy is going to pull the doors for me so i will shoot a few photos while he does it and can post if anyone is interested in it.

Thanks for jumping in.

Ron