Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door unlocking issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Door unlocking issues

Hi All,
My son has a 2003 X-Type. The interior door unlock is intermittently not functioning. The issue seems to be when the auto lock feature engages, the only way to unlock the door is with the unlock button on the fob.
Michael

Old 12-22-2020, 08:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,363 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Butterfield
Hi All,
My son has a 2003 X-Type. The interior door unlock is intermittently not functioning. The issue seems to be when the auto lock feature engages, the only way to unlock the door is with the unlock button on the fob.
Michael
Hello Michael. I assume that you are (here) in Victoria BC? Can you clarify the issue? As I understand it, after the auto-locking occurs, all doors are locked. Good. Now, when the driver's interior door lock paddle is pulled, none of the doors unlock? Even the driver's door?
If tgat is the case it might be related to the locking sequence programmed - that is, does on press of the lock and unlock buttons on the fob lock and unlock ALL the doors or only the driver's door? (Because you can set the programme so that all doors open with the first press of the button, OR that only the driver's door opens with the first press , a second press needed to open all the other doors.
Or it might be a fault related to the auto-locking ("drive away locking"). Finally it might ge a fsult in the driver's door lock or paddle mechanism. But I would try playing with the locking sequence programming first.

one more thing: these cars need a fully charged battery for all modules to work properly. If the voltage is sub-optimal, strange things happen. How old is the battery?...and dies your on belong to the Jaguar Car Club of Victoria? I ask because if parts are needed (in this case, just possibly a new battery) he can get significant discounts with membership.

Old 12-22-2020, 08:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,363 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Butterfield
Hi All,
Michael
Hello Michael. I assume that you are (here) in Victoria BC? Can you clarify the issue? As I understand it, after the auto-locking occurs, all doors are locked. Good. Now, when the driver's interior door lock paddle is pulled, none of the doors unlock? Even the driver's door?
If tgat is the case it might be related to the locking sequence programmed - that is, does on press of the lock and unlock buttons on the fob lock and unlock ALL the doors or only the driver's door? (Because you can set the programme so that all doors open with the first press of the button, OR that only the driver's door opens with the first press , a second press needed to open all the other doors.
Or it might be a fault related to the auto-locking ("drive away locking"). Finally it might ge a fsult in the driver's door lock or paddle mechanism. But I would try playing with the locking sequence programming first.

one more thing: these cars need a fully charged battery for all modules to work properly. If the voltage is sub-optimal, strange things happen. How old is the battery?...and dies your son (or you) belong to the Jaguar Car Club of Victoria? I ask because if parts are needed (in this case, just possibly a new battery) he/you can get significant discounts with membership.