X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC System Fault

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question DSC System Fault

My question: Could running the car through water puddles cause a DSC System Fault message? Background: A couple of months ago, my DSC System Fault Amber light came on. After researching this forum and finding a lot of responses said this could be due to a faulty battery, I took to the local Auto Zone store to have my battery checked. After they checked the battery with and without a load, the printout showed the battery was fine, showed the correct Cold Cranking amps etc. (sorry, I lost the printout so I can't give specifics). Anyway, the next time I started the car, the message did not reappear. It has not reappeared until tonight. I took the car out for dinner, then made another stop and when I started the car after the 2nd stop, the DSC System Fault came back on but the car started and ran fine, so I drove home. When I got there, I turned the car off, waited a few seconds and turned it back on, put in gear, went backwards and forwards (message & amber light still on), then put in park and shut the engine off. Now the engine wont crank and all the lights on the dash flash on and off. It poured rain all day today and I couldn't avoid running through some puddles and I live on a dirt road so at times, it was pretty sloppy conditions. Hence, my question about water and the DSC fault light. Any insight would be appreciated.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by hproesel
My question: Could running the car through water puddles cause a DSC System Fault message? Background: A couple of months ago, my DSC System Fault Amber light came on. After researching this forum and finding a lot of responses said this could be due to a faulty battery, I took to the local Auto Zone store to have my battery checked. After they checked the battery with and without a load, the printout showed the battery was fine, showed the correct Cold Cranking amps etc. (sorry, I lost the printout so I can't give specifics). Anyway, the next time I started the car, the message did not reappear. It has not reappeared until tonight. I took the car out for dinner, then made another stop and when I started the car after the 2nd stop, the DSC System Fault came back on but the car started and ran fine, so I drove home. When I got there, I turned the car off, waited a few seconds and turned it back on, put in gear, went backwards and forwards (message & amber light still on), then put in park and shut the engine off. Now the engine wont crank and all the lights on the dash flash on and off. It poured rain all day today and I couldn't avoid running through some puddles and I live on a dirt road so at times, it was pretty sloppy conditions. Hence, my question about water and the DSC fault light. Any insight would be appreciated.
How nice of you to take your car out to dinner. Us Jag owners are so civilized ;@)

Old 01-28-2016, 08:19 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

That really sounds battery related, possible corroded terminals or connection, dead cell maybe. Water could agitate an existing issue.
My Jag eats alotta french fries, always find her leftovers between the seat and console.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi innzane, I am going to take it in and have the battery checked as soon as our stupid Florida rain stops. Everything around here is flooded. Haven't had a moment to get out and even try to start her again since the other night. It freaked me out when I tried to restart and everything started flashing. Thank heaven I have another vehicle to jump start her if I need it. Will be interesting to see the results from the 2nd battery test. 2 months ago, it came out perfect. Thanks and will report back. Guess kitty does not like to get her feet wet!