Sponsored by:

eBay Aftermarket flip keys

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 09:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 559 Likes on 382 Posts
Default eBay Aftermarket flip keys

Is anyone using them?

My 05 car came with two valet keys but no remotes or flip key combo. Fortunately I had the remote part of my totaled 04 and have programmed it to the new car., but I just bought an aftermarket "head" flip key on e bay because I did not want to spend 150 for the jaguar key. Hope these work well

Old 06-26-2017, 02:19 PM
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

You still have to have the key cut (I believe you will need the key T-code...they are something like T123432 where as the letter T means *tibbe" and each of the 6 numbers represents a depth of cut....there are 4 depths. For example a cut level 1 in no cut and a cut level 4 is the deepest cut...and it is cut the same way on both sides of the key blade. I don't know if they can figure a cut from the valet key as I have never seen a valet key before for my car) and have the transponder chip programmed to the car to start it and bypass security checks.

peace out,
daddylogan

Old 06-27-2017, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a refurbished key from the seller sthelenskeys on eBay. I had to add the price of a new chip and cutting of the blade. The electronics work absolutely fine but the spring of the key blade tends to block even if it's a spare key I barely use.