X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical diagram for 2009, 6-speed automatic, 2.2D?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 01:15 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Electrical diagram for 2009, 6-speed automatic, 2.2D?

So, does anybody have this electrical guide 2009-2010? Or any other diagrams?
I can't seem to find it anywhere online. The closest I can find is 2008, from J40142> but that seems to be for the older model with the TCM under the glovebox, mine is the one with the TCM on the gearbox.
JagRepair has a 2009 guide listed but it's actually the 2007 version.

I'm assuming that the 2008 version is probably relatively close except for a few things like the TCM, and that maybe they just stuck in the new 6-speed gearbox and merged the TCM and gear selector module into the new Aisin TCM, but I'm could be wrong.
The workshop manual does have the new TCM in it, so I'm assuming there's an electrical guide out there somewhere too?

Old 04-16-2021, 08:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 542 Likes on 354 Posts

I think you might be confusing the positioning of the transmission modules of the petrol and diesel models. The published electrical diagrams only ever show the 5 speed petrol versions of the transmission and their associated TC module is always under the glovebox.
The diesel autoboxes were only introduced late in the X types production and while the workshop manual was updated to include them, the electrical diagrams never seem to have been.
I think you'll find that all diesel autos have the module on the box as you described.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by astromorg
I think you might be confusing the positioning of the transmission modules of the petrol and diesel models. The published electrical diagrams only ever show the 5 speed petrol versions of the transmission and their associated TC module is always under the glovebox.
The diesel autoboxes were only introduced late in the X types production and while the workshop manual was updated to include them, the electrical diagrams never seem to have been.
I think you'll find that all diesel autos have the module on the box as you described.
Ah right, that's some good info thanks!
Yea, it's all a bit confusing. For example it looks like the DPF only came in with the 6-speed diesels around 2008, but yet it's mentioned in the 2008 electrical diagrams (VIN: J40142 > . And the TCM pin connectors are shown for the petrol, but there's no mention of it for the diesel model, even though the TCM is listed in diesel diagrams.
It's almost like they mention it sometimes, but just ignore it other times!
And it does make distinctions between diesel and gasoline TCMs, which suggests that the diesel is an automatic, which suggests it's the 6-speed. (assuming I'm correct in assuming that TCMs are only on automatic cars.)
It almost seems like they knew the car/gearbox model but didn't know what the TCM looked like, or where it was supposed to go.

This image below is why I assumed it was the diagram for a separate TCM and gear selector module. Although mine also does have that brown (N) wire that seems to go straight to the TCM so the wiring might not be all that different.

Old 04-16-2021, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member

That diagram's interesting - I've not seen that before. Where did you get it? Doesn't it have its associated Info Page that would give the precise location of the module.
I'd like a copy of that edition of the electrical diagrams please if you can provide a link.

Old 04-16-2021, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by astromorg
That diagram's interesting - I've not seen that before. Where did you get it? Doesn't it have its associated Info Page that would give the precise location of the module.
I'd like a copy of that edition of the electrical diagrams please if you can provide a link.
This is where I got it from: 84.22.143.158/files/Руководства/Иномарки/Jaguar/X-Type Electrical Guild- VIN J40142 und up_full.pdf

I think, after a bit of digging, I ended up googling "J40142 wiring diagram" and it came up.
Looks like some Russian dude's web server or something, there's a few more diagrams and stuff but I can't remember exactly how I got back to the home page of the site. Navigation on it is a bit weird..

Old 04-16-2021, 01:25 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for that link. Useful for the future.
I think that set of diagrams is the one that will be relevant for you. If you check the Info Page for the Fig 4.2, you'll see that it states that the autobox module is in the engine compartment which is what you have, whereas for Fig 4.1, for the petrol autobox, puts it on the A post inside the car.

Old 04-16-2021, 02:09 PM

Ah yea, nice catch!
I'd probably take it all with a pinch of salt though, since it also says the gear selector module is in the steering column, but the workshop manual shows it as being in the gear selector box.
But even taking it with a pinch of salt, it's still good to have, as you can confirm what's right, and what's not, as you go.
It almost seems like an early version of the wiring diagram, as if they didn't quite know where everything was going to be and what exact parts were going to be used. For example, they'd surely have shown the Aisin TCM connectors if they knew the layout.