X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Light and Code Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Light and Code Help!

Hello I have a 2005 Jaguar with the 3.0 sport edition. I recently had the front wheel bearings replaced and now I have an Engine light and ABS light that will not go away. The codes that come up are B1145 and B1155 and P1000. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Caleb

Old 06-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts

I believe the codes are C1145 and C1155 - These refer to the front wheel speed sensors.
Were the correct bearings installed?
Is it possible that the bearings you had installed were put in backwards? One side is magnetized for the sensors to read.
Check the sensor connectors were reconnected properly.

The following users liked this post:
cpawl (06-08-2014)
Old 06-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,932 Likes on 3,228 Posts

cpawl, first off, welcome to the Forums. Lots of good information and lots of people willing to help and in general have fun. But, we do ask a small favor of you. We pride ourselves in being a better car club and keeping things very friendly. As part of this, please stop by the New Member Section and tell us a little bit about yourself. This will help us get to know you and will introduce you to a lot of the people that make this place what it is.

As for the codes that you are getting, I believe you have the wrong prefix on the codes as the BXXXX codes refer to body codes. I nthis case, I am finding nothing on B1155 except for something that relates to other brands of vehicles and the B1145 is relating to the right hand side air bag system.

Like CLYONS says, the codes are more than likely C1145 and C1155 which would refer to the front wheel speed sensors not sending a proper signal to the ABS module (and therefore on to your instrument cluster for the speedo operation). Like was mentioned, it could be something as simple as either wrong style wheel bearings were installed (missing the magnetic ring) or the wheel bearings were simply installed backwards (the magnetic ring is too far from the pickup to be sensed). It could also be that as they put in the wheel bearing, the speed sensor got damaged (just had this happen to me in the last few days). Could even be something as simple as the sensor was unplugged so the spindle could be removed to press out the wheel bearing and the technician forgot to plug it back in. I would say the simple check would be to simply pull the front wheel on one side and first see if the sensor is even plugged in (located at the top of the wheel bearing, follow the stem of the spindle down and you will see where the wire comes in to the ABS sensor). Next I would say to remove the speed sensor (single bolt holding it in, remove the bolt and then lift straight up to remove). Check the end to make sure that it is not damaged or scraped. The final check would be to connect a multimeter to the 2 pins of the sensor with the multimeter set to resistance. It should read around 1,000 ohms as I recall. The exact value doesn't matter as long as it is not reading less than 5 ohms or "OL" (ie, more than 2 megaohms). If the resistance reading is good, then this will pretty much confirm you have an issue with the wheel bearing (either installed backwards or not the correct style bearing).

If you need more help, let me know.

The following users liked this post:
cpawl (06-08-2014)
Old 06-07-2014, 10:58 PM
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Go to mechanic and ask him to fix problem he created. Check wire going to sensor.