X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Engine problem

I just bought an X-type 2002 yesterday , today I woke up and washed the whole car, he had a problem with A / C, until then the car was starting .

So I went confirm that the A / C was really working , and he was , but just hot air, but soon after I finished washing the car, i tried to turn it on and i could not.

So, the oil and battery lights were on, what can be the problem? Compressor? Oil? ME please help.
You have some workshop for repair jaguar to inform me?
I live in northern San Diego!
thank you

Old 06-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
Old 06-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,915 Likes on 3,217 Posts

Pdias, first off, welcome to the forums. I think you will find a lot of useful information here. But, we do ask one thing: stop by the "New Member" section and introduce yourself. We are quirky in this way as we like to get to know one another and this also gives you a chance to learn who the movers and shakers are around here too. Might be surprised as to what you will learn doing this. So, sit back, get yourself a cup of joe and enjoy. Lots of good information here.

Now, for your problem. Just trying to clarify a few things here. When you say that the car will not start, are you meaning that the motor will not even rotate (ie, starter just ticks and that is it) or will the motor roll, but will not catch and fire? That changes what can be wrong.

I have seen where the A/C compressor can fail and lock up which will then cause the start to not be able to roll the motor. This can normally be ruled out by simply removing the serpentine belt and seeing if the motor will start then.

The other check that I would ask you to do is to walk out to the car, hop in the driver's seat and leave the door open. Now, while watching the overhead lights, attempt to start the car. Does the light remain nice and bright, dim slightly, or go out completely. The light should dim slightly (as the motor is rolling over). If the light remain bright, then we have an ignition key issue and the computer is not sending a signal to the starter relay to engage the starter. If the light goes out completely, then we are looking at either a bad battery or a battery cable issue. Granted, if the A/C compressor is preventing the motor from running, you will hear the starter engage with a good click and the light will dim significantly (but not go out completely). So, that could be one more thing you can use to rule out the compressor issue.

Let me know what you find and then we can take it from there.