X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Jag Tech I need help !

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Jag Tech I need help !

Well i am not a new X-type owner but i am new to the forum. I have a 2002 X-type 2.5 Quartz with Ivory leather... It is loaded for the 2.5 everthing except Phone & Navi... I have had it about 14 months i bought it with 51K miles and it currently has 69K I love this car! I have a few problems... My Driver seat Lifter motor isnt working ... The motor runs when i use the switch but it just makes a grinding noise and the seat doesnt raise or lower any idea's ? Second about 3 months ago i was getting that burnt exauast smell and my transfer case was leaking at the rear flange... Dealer cleaned case replaced oil and resealed the transfer case..... thats the only problem i have had with the car other then a thermostat ... which is pretty normal... I love this car ! and i would love it if you could run my vin on your system for me and see if the recall's and bulletans on the car have been taken care of i.e. Tranny and stuff like that.... and last question is I experiance ruff shifting somtimes it has alot do with the climate i think but it could just be me .... Service advisor told me it needed the V.23 software update for the TCM and ECM is this what it needs ? Could you tell me what version it currently has ? and lastley steering wheel is off center to the right which i know is an allignment issue and has just happened recently should I take it to the dealer to have it alligned or can i go to a trustworthy local shop and can they do it succesfully ? all your help will be greatly appreciated.... I need to make up my mind weather to try to keep this car untill 100,000 miles which i will if you can give me good news on everything or get rid of it ! The shift thing worrys me most and i hope it is just the TCM that needs reprogramed becuase when it starts shifting funny it never slips or anything which kinda lets me know its not the transmisson it just shifts into higher gears to soon and funny things.... But when it starts doing that it makes me not wanna drive the car... it kinda deppresses me .... LOL ... I hope you can help me though... My VIN is saje51d62xc54490

Old 02-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts
Default RE: Factory Jag Tech I need help !

You can take your car to any reputable tire/brake place that can do a computer alignment. No need to take it to the dealer for just that reason, unless your caster/camber/toe cannot be adjusted into the manufacturers specs anymore, which means there's damage there that they can't compensate for anymore with the adjustments.

As for the rest...well, to be continued by others.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts

If those are the only problems you have had in 14 months, you are doing pretty well.
I have no way of knowing what level of software is in your vehicle without hooking up to scanner. But it is entirely feasible by this time it would definitly need software updated. I would get that done soon as the parameters it puts into tcm also designed to extend the life due to better shift points therefore less stress on gearbox.
There are no open recalls or TSB for your vehicle at this time. Looks like a well maintained vehicle.

As for the alignment, of course you can take it anywhere, however the dealer knows how to align it well and compensate for and issues while driving. An outside shop may not and mny tire stores will just align it into the green which isnt necessarily a good alignment.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:57 PM

OK .... Thank you so much for your help... I am calling in the morning and making an appointment to have the TCM and Allignment done ASAP... Any Idea about the seat ? And i have to more question's ? Was the transmisson replaced and where did the car come from ?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts

If seat motor making noise, it is probably stripped out and needs replaced.
The car I think isfrom Virginia.
Transmission was not replaced under recall, but not sure if done outside of that. I will look again tomorrow if you pm me vin again andtell me to check for trans replacement.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:24 PM

Thank you agian for your help ~ ! ! I will PM you tommorow with the VIN ! What time should i do this ? I hope that it has been replaced .... It would make me feel better... Umm... Is thier a good chance it was done out of recall ?

Old 02-27-2008, 02:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did i miss something? When was there a recall on transmission for 02s? I have 02 and never heard of recall, but familiar with trany problems for 02s. Can anyone direct me to info on this? I would highly appriciate it, since i am starting to notice rough shiffting once in a while.

I am forced to do a tranny fluid change, once we all agree on the type ;-), but if there was a recall, heck.. i am all for it.

Also, how important is it to update the software? I am sure mine was never updated, but does it really need to? What are the benefits?

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-27-2008, 09:08 AM

Ruslan... I talked to my service advisor today and he said that the harsh shifting is probably because of the old software.... He said he wants me to update to V23.......... He thinks I have the origonal version.... Which is awfull... I am going to have him do the ECM and TCM which he said will take care of my cold start hesitation and the shifting problem i experiance somtimes... I guess that is why i dont think i have a tranny problem it never slips or anything and it just acts harsh somtimes seems like it does it with the weather almost.... but its a funny situation....I hope you get your taken care of ! As do I ~ If not i belive i am going to trade my car which isnt easy because of the fast rate that it deprestatied i am upside down ! about $4000 which is bad ! I want and 06X-Type VDP that i have my eye on but wont be available untill August.... Can anyone else shed some light on this Computer thing for us though ? Should it help us ?

Old 02-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tranny recall? Hmmm...you must have a list of the vins that should have this right fjt? I've noticed mine shifts funny sometimes like it doesn't know what to do but wrote it off...

4k is quite a bit of depriciation. I don't think even mine has depriciated that much and I've had it since sept 06 or somewhere around that time...

Old 02-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MBL, thanks for the info. Let us know how it went and how much did it set you back?

It will be interesting to know if that fixed the problem.

Thanks.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:18 PM

TRANNY RECALL????????????????
oh please tell me its true?

Mine once and while will shift down too soon? i dont think its tranny either, i just thougth it was the timming or the weather changes.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  6.4 KB

ORIGINAL: housegroove77
TRANNY RECALL????????????????
oh please tell me its true?

Forever the optimist housegroove.....lol
Nice one

Jim

Old 02-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Not only batman is forever ,let's not forget housegroove too

Old 02-27-2008, 05:56 PM

Was thier actually a tranny re-call

Old 02-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

there was and it is good and gone.. no one can get the trani replaced.. once years have passed.was in 03-05 i think..