Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fan Module

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 01:24 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by m2001mv
I would like to purchase a Fan Module for a 2002 Jaguar X type if anyone has one for sale please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

m2001mv@aol.com
You might try this place that's where I got mine a couple of years ago. I replaced my 2003 with a 2004 they were the same unit. I bought the whole assembly, shroud, fans and control module, but only used the control module paid $100 for every thing.

Nationwide Auto Recycling

Later

Last edited by Green Machine; 05-07-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m2001mv
I would like to purchase a Fan Module for a 2002 Jaguar X type if anyone has one for sale please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

m2001mv@aol.com
I have a module for sale im local to you 92336

Old 06-19-2011, 02:56 PM

I'm also in need of a cooling fan module, replaced relay, replaced sensor, fuses o.k. if I've missed anything let me know or write me @ alexsierra57@hotmail.com thanks

Old 06-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,887 Likes on 3,194 Posts

If you go to the Jaguar Dealership, ask them to order you part number "C2S 24957K". That is the fan module alone. Not sure what it would cost, but, will be a lot cheaper than the whole fan assembly (about $560). If you talk with our sponsor, Nalley Jaguar (Jaguar Atlanta - Nalley Jaguar Roswell - New & Used Jaguar Dealer - Jaguar Service, Repair - Marietta, Duluth), they will be able to order it for you and have it shipped to your house.

The following users liked this post:
Lubrication (07-21-2015)
Old 06-20-2011, 06:22 PM

Thank you, I just got a e-mail from a Jag dealer saying the module is no longer available but has replaced with a "fan pack and link harness", fan pack goes for $399.68 the harness for $114.94 so I guess the wise thing is to stock up on any used units one could find for yourself or another.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fan module

did you get to find the fan module. i need one as well, but so far seems like getting the full kit, fan assembly etc is the best option. let me know if you find one.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Default Fan Module

Originally Posted by MosDefXType
did you get to find the fan module. i need one as well, but so far seems like getting the full kit, fan assembly etc is the best option. let me know if you find one.
Hello! As of yet I have not found one, part of me wants to by-pass the module and wire up the fans to a relayed power source to come on when the ignition is on, but that would be so mickey mouse, I'd never be able to show my face on this site again!

Old 06-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by mywifesjag
Hello! As of yet I have not found one, part of me wants to by-pass the module and wire up the fans to a relayed power source to come on when the ignition is on, but that would be so mickey mouse, I'd never be able to show my face on this site again!
What I did is wired in a switch to just the driver's side fan for the time being until I can find a fan controller. I put the switch in the hole by the little cubby hole below the light switch. It's just temporary, but it will get you by until you can find the controller.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:56 AM

Thanks, what does everyone think of this idea, I'm going to my local parts store and buying the components for an aftermarket fan setup, that way it will come with a relay, fan controller, fuse, to just spice into a power source, temp sensor, then to the stock fans, how hard could this be? That way when I do get the $600.00 bucks to but the Jag parts my engine won't be a melted blob of beautifly engineered Cosworth paperweight.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help

Originally Posted by disguay
What I did is wired in a switch to just the driver's side fan for the time being until I can find a fan controller. I put the switch in the hole by the little cubby hole below the light switch. It's just temporary, but it will get you by until you can find the controller.
did you "hot wire" the fan yourself. may you please help with the steps. i need to put a temporary measure for my fans to work. if you could get pics it will be perfect. thanks

Old 06-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Veteran Member

Will do a write up real quick. The important thing is that you need to make sure that you use one switch per fan and not one switch for both fans. The amperage on the switch with both fans connected will be far too high and you will run the risk of fire. Because this is a temporary fix, and should NOT be permanent, I only wired one fan because it will run it at full speed and while running full speed, I don't overheat with just one running. Also, I think if I wired in both fans, I wouldn't have any motivation to buy a fan controller.

Last edited by disguay; 06-28-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member

So I ran out to my car really quick to snap some quick photos but if you want more let me know. I only have my phone camera so real photos might have to wait.

So here is the connector to the driver's side fan that you are going to have to cut to wire in the switch. Cut the connector and solder on two long pieces of wire (approx 8 ft will make it easier to feed, but less will do.) When you cut the connector make sure that you leave enough wire to strip and connect the connector back to the stock system when you can find the controller.

Name:  2011-06-25_11-05-42_654.jpg
Views: 1678
Size:  72.9 KB

Now run the wires up to the battery and cut one of the pieces of wire (remember red is positive and green is the ground) and connect it to the positive terminal of the battery. Take the cut piece of wire which shouldn't be connected to anything anymore and connect it to the negative terminal of the battery. Now you should only be dealing with the wires from the negative terminal and the ground of the fans.

Will get a pic if the explanation didn't work

Take the only two wires which remain (stated above) and run them along the driver side of the car and under the strut brace. I ran my wires through where the hood release goes through the firewall. There should be a small rubber plug that you can pull out of the firewall with needle nose pliers and then push your wire through this hole.

Name:  2011-06-28_08-51-03_12.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  39.9 KB

Here is where it is nice to have long wires because the longer the wire is, the easier it will be to find under the dash. Once you find both of the wires, you can pull them through and tap them together to test the system. If you tap them together you should hear the fan turn on.

Again, Ill get a pic if you really need.

Now that you have both of your wires under your dash you can wire in your switch. I found a small hole in the little cubby hole under the light switches on the right of the steering wheel. Mine was just a hole, but there might have been a light there once. Anyways, I used a marine switch which I got from my hardware store for about $7. It will fit perfectly if you buy the right one. For example, mine was similar to this Switch, Rocker - Marine Switches - Switches - Electrical : Grainger Industrial Supply.

Then you just wire in your switch to both of the wires and your switch should just snap right into the hole in the cubby hole. I used a little duct tape (I know, but it was on the back of the switch) to help it stay in there perfectly. It looks pretty good actually.

Name:  2011-06-28_08-50-07_796.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  112.4 KB

Last edited by disguay; 06-30-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:07 PM

Be careful guys, direct power from the battery will put too many amps to the fan, (fans) and burn them up you need a relay and fuse to power them down or find another power source from the fuse box

Old 06-30-2011, 08:19 AM

I have a couple of fan modules I have gotten from dismantler near me if anyone needs. just message me model number

Old 06-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Default Fan Controller

Bigjohn909 - I too could use a fan module, part C2S 24957K for 2002 2.5.

My fans quit running completely, so I purchased a module from a recycler via the internet. Was quite easy to install (if you have small hands), and seemed to work ok. At least the fans started running and my car stopped overheating.

However, at the same time was getting my A/C compressor replaced (due to leaking compressor oil), and the new one has never worked correctly. Finally took car into my Jag dealer to diagnose, they did pressure tests and checked sensors etc. They didn't find anything wrong with A/C but did notice that while both radiator fans work on high speed, one of the fans cuts out on the low speed setting. The dealer claims this is a fan module problem, and that it is also causing my A/C problem by not allowing the compressor clutch to engage. Their quote was $1,408 to replace both fans c/w module and link wiring harness.

If one fan isn't working at low speed, I probably do need a new module. But can anyone confirm that this could be related to my A/C not blowing cold?

Old 06-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mywifesjag
Be careful guys, direct power from the battery will put too many amps to the fan, (fans) and burn them up you need a relay and fuse to power them down or find another power source from the fuse box
And this is why I strictly implied this is a temporary fix. I only rarely use this switch and when I use it, I use it for less than 2 minutes at a time. It is just so that I can drive my car in the summer without overheating until I replace the fan module.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Default Fan Control Module

Originally Posted by Bigjohn909
I have a couple of fan modules I have gotten from dismantler near me if anyone needs. just message me model number
Hey Bigjohn909,

Do you still have any fan control modules left? I need one for my 2003 X type.

Thanks

Old 09-26-2011, 11:47 AM

I have a 2002 x type and its over heating. Sometimes the fans work,sometimes they dont. The other day i turned off the car and the fans would run and stop and start up again. I checked the wires going to the fans and both wires had power going to them. At the same time i dont know where the fan relay is at or the fan control module is located. And the A/C blowes cool on one side and warn on the other half. Or can that be the fans problems.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Default electronic control module

My 02 jaguar x type overheats when parked at stop lights, but is fine while driving. I believe this to be a electronic fan control module issue. Does anyone have a used one available or a way to fix this?\\s

Quick Reply: Fan Module