X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fan Module

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,910 Likes on 3,212 Posts

X2002, if your A/C blows hot all the time (regardless of whether you are at highway speed or not), then the problem is with the freon system or the compressor itself. If you get good cool air at highway speeds, but it gets hot when you are below 30 mph, then that is a fan issue.

Isabel, the fan module is located between the battery and the radiator itself. There is no relay. what you will see is a silver finned module that is about 3x4x1" in size that is bolted to the upper corner of the radiator. Undo the 2 bolts holding it in place, disconnect the 3 plugs and you can now install the new controller.

Jan Corpus, the symptoms that you are describing are classic traits of a bad fan assembly/fan controller. I would say to start with replacing the fan controller as this is the problem 99% of the time. If you still have issues, then your fans failed and you more than likely needed a new fan controller anyways.

On the subject of feeding the fans too much current, even wiring them directly to the battery, you are not going to push too much current to them. The fans are designed to run on a 12 VDC system (which is what your car is). So, unless you are putting something into the blades of the fan and forcing it to run slower than it should, that is about the only way that you will get the fans to pull to much current. If you want to learn a little bit, I will explain DC motor theory to anyone that wants to pay attention, but for most, this will be way too much information for what they are after.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:58 PM
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo
X2002, if your A/C blows hot all the time (regardless of whether you are at highway speed or not), then the problem is with the freon system or the compressor itself. If you get good cool air at highway speeds, but it gets hot when you are below 30 mph, then that is a fan issue.

Isabel, the fan module is located between the battery and the radiator itself. There is no relay. what you will see is a silver finned module that is about 3x4x1" in size that is bolted to the upper corner of the radiator. Undo the 2 bolts holding it in place, disconnect the 3 plugs and you can now install the new controller.

Jan Corpus, the symptoms that you are describing are classic traits of a bad fan assembly/fan controller. I would say to start with replacing the fan controller as this is the problem 99% of the time. If you still have issues, then your fans failed and you more than likely needed a new fan controller anyways.

On the subject of feeding the fans too much current, even wiring them directly to the battery, you are not going to push too much current to them. The fans are designed to run on a 12 VDC system (which is what your car is). So, unless you are putting something into the blades of the fan and forcing it to run slower than it should, that is about the only way that you will get the fans to pull to much current. If you want to learn a little bit, I will explain DC motor theory to anyone that wants to pay attention, but for most, this will be way too much information for what they are after.
DARN HOT WEATHER !

I've started noticing my temp gauge after driving on the freeway for a while and then getting off or in traffic all of the sudden start going from half way pretty quickly to 3/4. Once I get back to nice 40+mph the needle goes back to 1/2. Then when stop and go under 10mph it starts crawling back up. Also the AC starts coming out warm ( almost like the vents are still on , but the air is no longer is air conditioned ) - just getting warm outside ambient air blowing. When I speed back up to over 40+mph the air gets nice and cold again.

Thinking it all points to what Thermo mentioned about a bad fan module. Can someone please confirm the part # is C2S 24957K for a 2002 X type 2.5 ? Also - if anyone has one for sale ( new or working used ) please let me know know ... and does that part need any programming ? THANKS !

Old 07-21-2015, 05:26 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 07-22-2015, 05:49 AM
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Lubrication

Thanks. I had come across them , but didn't know if anyone has ever ordered from them They don't seem to have a physical address on their site and don't seem to be an actual Jaguar parts dealership. Aside from them, didn't really come across any others.