X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gettin a tick/nock sound after Jag is warm??!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackJag914
Lmao haha gotta love it, but yeah I have no idea what it can be it's a mystery.. hopefully they find out what it is. I really appreciate the info once you do get it, I was going to bring mine in for a front end creaking noise when I come to a stop and also ask them about the mystery noise but you'll find out before I do. Also not to go off topic but I saw your into LE, I'm in the same boat here in NY.. I'm on the hiring list for two departments but the budget cuts are horrible, they are letting people off and not hiring so it's stressful.. but good luck getting on the job.

Ill let ya know as soon as i find out. And yes the LE as far as Detroit has been downhill for awhile now. I did all my stuff to get in and just got my interview recently OVER A YEAR LATER!!! Detroit is the only city that has the program that trains you and pays you at the same time. A lot of recruiting comes from Detroit so it will be a good stepping stone if i do not decide to stay there. Good luck to you too man!!

Old 09-15-2010, 11:26 AM

Hey guys, back from the dealer. I pretty much got handed the ****tiest day possible. they racked it to do an alignment only to find the car had been in a pretty bad accident! I never really noticed untill he pointed it out!!!!! And on top of it he says the noise he thinks is def internal but would need awhile to pinpoint it. Told him about the location and how when its cold it wont do it. He says, thats a sign of something internal as the oil is cold and thicker and when its warm it thins out revealing the problem. ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so sick of ******* people that sell you garbage. My fault for not takin the time to carfax it even tho im assuming it wont be stated as it was such a ****ty job!!!! Must have been done on the side. Anyway im gettin more pissed typing. Later guys.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I <3 X-Type
Hey guys, back from the dealer. I pretty much got handed the ****tiest day possible. they racked it to do an alignment only to find the car had been in a pretty bad accident! I never really noticed untill he pointed it out!!!!! And on top of it he says the noise he thinks is def internal but would need awhile to pinpoint it. Told him about the location and how when its cold it wont do it. He says, thats a sign of something internal as the oil is cold and thicker and when its warm it thins out revealing the problem. ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so sick of ******* people that sell you garbage. My fault for not takin the time to carfax it even tho im assuming it wont be stated as it was such a ****ty job!!!! Must have been done on the side. Anyway im gettin more pissed typing. Later guys.
Dam bro sorry to hear the news, It's weird because my noise is the exact opposite.. it will do it when it's cold and seems to go away slightly when warmed up.. but whatever. Don't feel bad I had the same run around when I asked them about something last time I went, look on the bright side you could be driving a riced out eclipse and getting no girls haha don't let it get to you.. my car just got hit last week by some 17 year old Crap happens..

Old 09-15-2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by BlackJag914
Dam bro sorry to hear the news, It's weird because my noise is the exact opposite.. it will do it when it's cold and seems to go away slightly when warmed up.. but whatever. Don't feel bad I had the same run around when I asked them about something last time I went, look on the bright side you could be driving a riced out eclipse and getting no girls haha don't let it get to you.. my car just got hit last week by some 17 year old Crap happens..

Yea its all good i guess. Just dont have the money to fix it. Well im goin to replace some stuff myself to save money and hope that straightens up some of the camber. As far as the noise i am on to something, i pulled the little inspection plate for the trans and it got loyder. I only noticed one bolt in the flex plate?? Looking into it further.

Sorry to hear about your ride. I woulda punched him in the throat. lol