X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good News for iPhone 5 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Good News for iPhone 5 Owners

I got my iPhone 5 today (my old 4 was literally falling apart) and while at the Verizon store I asked if they had any of the 30-pin to lightning adapter cables. They did, so I bought one for the Jag. I was immediately curious as to whether I could simply put the adapter cable on the end of the ACM's old-style iPod cord and have it work. Sure enough it was as easy as that; I plugged my new phone into the adapter and it immediately started charging. That was a good sign, so I switched to the CDC input and started playing Pandora. This worked too, as well as the steering wheel and head unit controls.

It looks like all you need to enjoy new iDevices through the ACM is one of those adapters. Apple makes the cable version that I have and a smaller one that is just a plastic connector. So rest easy if you upgrade to the iPhone 5, it will still work just fine with the ACM.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you very much for this tip. I am a X-Type owner and would like to know how you make your CDC button transformed into an "AUX" button. There is no CD changer equipping the sound system.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by X2004
Thank you very much for this tip. I am a X-Type owner and would like to know how you make your CDC button transformed into an "AUX" button. There is no CD changer equipping the sound system.
The CDC button will function as an AUX button if you have the Jaguar ACM installed. This is a $400 part that was also available as an option from the dealer. It includes a 30-pin iPod cable, USB input, and RCA connectors which are all connected via fiber optics to the car's stereo and housed inside the center arm rest.

Many of us (including myself) have installed this part ourselves but the problem now is that kits are hard to find and constantly increasing in price.

With the iPhone 5, Apple introduced a new dock connector, the "Lightning" connector. Since the ACM is not equipped to handle this I simply bought one of Apple's adapters, which was the subject of my first post.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks a lot. I found your other thread about this and cannot thank you enough. I found the OEM kit today from a part dealer and ordered it for a grand total of $428 incl. taxes and Fedex. I'm also due to upgrade my iPhone, so glad to know it works with the iPhone 5. Tell me, do we absolutely have to install the plug in the central arm rest? Isn't it a pain when you need to use your phone?

Old 03-07-2013, 05:12 PM

Well the cord is long enough that I can keep my phone in one of the cup holders while plugged in. There's enough space for the cord to run out from inside the arm rest while it's closed

Old 03-08-2013, 05:44 AM
Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts

I'm having this problem right now. I replaced my cassette radio with a CD radio. But the CD radio came out of a car with out trunk (boot) changer. So the CDC button is dead. I've been told to take it to my Jag guy and have the button 'activated'. I'm planning on doing this on Monday. I will report what happens. I miss my ACM.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:55 AM
Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts

Thanks a lot. I found your other thread about this and cannot thank you enough. I found the OEM kit today from a part dealer and ordered it for a grand total of $428 incl. taxes and Fedex. I'm also due to upgrade my iPhone, so glad to know it works with the iPhone 5. Tell me, do we absolutely have to install the plug in the central arm rest? Isn't it a pain when you need to use your phone?
You can install the plugs wherever you want. I ran my iPhone plug under the console on the passenger's side. I have a holder thingy there so i's almost hands free. Another cool feature is the Apple GPS Sat Nav. When it's on every time the GPS lady wants to tell me where to turn the music volume dims and she yaks through the sound system. Like, cool! YaBoo sucks to all you X guys with the outta date touch screen systems! (kidding)

If you have any questions on how to install the ACM contact me. I did mine in a morning. Take your time and don't lose any screws down the big hole where then ash tray was!

Old 03-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me find an ACM!

Hi all,
I can't seem to find an ACM from anywhere. I have tried dealers and they keep telling me that they are no longer made. I have heard rumors that a new connectivity module is coming out soon. I am not sure that is true & I am not sure I can wait! Any ideas??? I have a 2009 XJ8 VDP thank you