Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handbook download - revised

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 06:21 PM
GGG
Received 16,856 Likes on 12,186 Posts
Default Handbook download - revised

The original HANDBOOK DOWNLOAD thread had several links to JLR TOPIx which are no longer available and many posts with broken links. I've therefore copied only the posts with working links to this revised thread.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 09-28-2021 at 05:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SlimX (09-20-2022)
Old 05-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,622 Likes on 874 Posts
Default 2002 X-Type Driver's Handbook PDF file

I downloaded all the sections for X-Type X400 2002 Driver's Handbook and combined the sections into a single PDF file (190 pages).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nknasyc0ad...20Handbook.pdf

For some reason quite a few of the PDF files on dropbox.com can only be viewed using Google Chrome Internet Browser (at least on my PC).
If you cannot view the PDF file, then use the download button, then direct download option, then open the file option and it will opened by your default PDF reader).

Also found the 2002 X-Type Driver's handbook pdf when I was trying to find the Vehicle Care handbook on the internet:

http://www.jaguar.com/content/market...s_Handbook.pdf

I was able to determine that there has never been vehicle care handbooks created for the X type or S type (only XJ & XK models).

Jim Lombardi

The following users liked this post:
Aterranova (02-02-2024)
Old 05-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member
Default 2006 X-Type Owner's Handbook PDF file

Downloaded each section of the 2006 X-Type Handbook from the Jaguar Topix.com website and combined them into this single PDF file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/amcr3omdcw...ll%20pages.pdf

Jim Lombardi

Old 07-31-2014, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member
Default 2002 X-Type Audio System Handbook PDF

I created a PDF for the 2002 X-Type Audio System Handbook from the Jaguar Topix website (Infotainment Handbooks - Audio System Handbook) - 1st I created PDF files for each section, then assemble them into one pdf file.

Here is the topix link I used to open the Topix webpage:
http://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm

Then I went to the right side of the webpage (under the "Browse TOPIX without registering" section) and selected the X-TYPE/X400 as desired model and the 2002 as model year,

then used the Find button. When new page opened a clicked on the DOCUMENTS and it brought up a list of documents,

I clicked on the Infotainment Handbooks, it brought a list of document titles, In-car Telephone Handbook, Jaguar Voice Handbook, Navigation Handbook, Audio Systems Handbook (North American Markets Only).

Here is the PDF file:

Attachment 91968

Click on the handbook pdf and it will do the following based on what internet browser you are using:

Internet Explorer browser will bring up a menu asking what you want to do - 3 options are Open, Save, or Cancel.

Google Chrome browser will bring up a menu (and it already put the pdf file in your default download folder) and the has dropdown menu list (4 items) - Open, Always open file with this type, Open with system viewer, Show in folder.

Foxfire browser brings a pop-up window asking if you want to do with this pdf file - options are 1)open with (then browse button - brings up a list of pdf software to open the pdf), 2) Save file.

Jim Lombardi

Attached Files
Old 09-22-2021, 05:55 AM
Veteran Member

I also have the 2006 x-type owner manual stored in my dropbox.com account that works properly.
here is the weblink:
http://www.dropbox.com/s/amcr3omdcw5...pages.pdf?dl=0

click on the above link and it will bring you to the dropbox webpage showing the pdf pages then these instructions:

Here is what the top of the webpage looks like ( ps you do not have to have a dropbox account to download the file) you just click on the down arrow that has the underline.

jpeg image of dropbox top of page info

This is what it looks like after you click on the down arrow with the underline - then the down arrow with underline section now shows to 2 download options:

download options
use the direct download option to clicking on the Direct download and then the download will begin and file name will show on bottom left side of webpage.

download file bottom of page

After the download completes the file will be in your default download section on your computer.

Last edited by GGG; 09-28-2021 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Remove reference to previous post in superseded thread
Old 09-22-2021, 09:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jimlombardi, thanks for the download.

You wouldn't have a download of the 7" Touchscreen Handbook would you or anyone with a download of the touchscreen handbook that would be much appreciated too.

At least now with the handbook i can see there is a trip meter. I thought it weird that a car didn't have a trip meter and I've maanged to get the front parking sensors to work now. It's so easy when you've got the manual.

Thanks again to Dell Gailey and jimlombardi.
Nasherman

Old 09-28-2021, 05:52 AM
GGG
Received 16,856 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Nasherman
..... You wouldn't have a download of the 7" Touchscreen Handbook would you or anyone with a download of the touchscreen handbook that would be much appreciated too. .....
Welcome to the forums Nasherman,

The basic use of the touchscreen is covered in the Owner's Handbook but there is a separate Navigation Handbook (JJM 10 05 32 801 - X Type Navigation 2008). If this is the one you need, you can download it from my MediaFire account using this link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/46mxn..._2008.pdf/file

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 09-30-2021, 04:34 PM

Hi GGG,

Thanks for the Download for the Navigation System - that is a great help.

All I've got to figure out now is how to use the radio and do searches for stations while driving through areas.

Cheers,
Nasherman

Old 07-29-2022, 10:55 AM

hello there sir. I have a 2005 jaguar x-Type estate wagon. I need to change my rear glass shocks they live inside the headliner someplace I did pull it down just a tad, and I was unable to view the other end of the shock. I'd like to download the shop manual for the 2005 thru 2009 Jaguar X-Types, or if you know of how it should be done. that would be great too.
Thank you sir

Mike Homenuk