X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy Independance Day...From the ****ers Across the Pond!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007 | 09:40 AM
Veteran Member
Default RE: Happy Independance Day...From the ****ers Across the Pond!

I was making a joke man, you opened the can of worms.

Ever heard of the Lend-Lease Act of March of 1941. It allowed the United States to supply munitions to England and USSR prior to being involved in the war. 42 BILLION dollars of supplies were given to England, call that a little help.

But yea I see what your saying, thousands of civilians were bombed during the war, however you being bombed shows you were involved in the war. Proving my point that we saved you guys. D-Day ring a bell. A vast majority of the troops, as in almost all, were Americans. D-day and the few weeks following are what ended the war and turned the tables on Germany, all thanks to the US, Buddy.

Old 07-11-2007 | 09:46 AM
|
Veteran Member

LOL! I like this thread! Well said 93, I took AP US History in high school, and we barely touched the subject of the Vietnam War! As for WWII, we saved ya'll asses brits...admit it! Imagine this; We don't join the war, until someone picked a bone with us, and for the last 5 mins we join, we did what you guys couldn't do for YEARS!!!! We opened a can of WHOOP ***! JAJAJA...just kidding buds!

Old 07-11-2007 | 10:05 AM
Veteran Member

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  6.3 KB

ORIGINAL: 93xj6
I was making a joke man, you opened the can of worms.
Ever heard of the Lend-Lease Act of March of 1941. It allowed the United States to supply munitions to England and USSR prior to being involved in the war. 42 BILLION dollars of supplies were given to England, call that a little help.
But yea I see what your saying, thousands of civilians were bombed during the war, however you being bombed shows you were involved in the war. Proving my point that we saved you guys. D-Day ring a bell. A vast majority of the troops, as in almost all, were Americans. D-day and the few weeks following are what ended the war and turned the tables on Germany, all thanks to the US, Buddy.
Lol.......wind em up an watch em go
Thats what I said......you loaned us a few $$
We did all the hard work and you guys walked in after we softened em up 4 you.
I spose the Poles, Russians, French etc etc who lived the war every day for years fighting resistance actions living in fear every day for 6 years didn't really contribute much. Lets be honest, you guys won the war single handedly...lol

Biggie.........I'd say Pearl Harbour was one helluva bone, wouldn't you, Jeez, they nearly wiped out half the American Navy in one go! ( It was a bad day....paybacks a bitch though aint it)
BTW .......Did you know it was a Scotsman who founded the American Navy? John Paul Jones.
Keep yer panties on 93 me ole mucker.......its only a few friendly facts, don't get so wound up ffs.

JC

Old 07-11-2007 | 10:23 AM
Veteran Member

Hey Jim as for pearl harbor...does Hiroshima ring a bell?

I say you can't admit that we helped Jimmy! Maybe we should have allowed them to keep going at it for a few more years...

As for Independence Day...heck no you guys wouldn't want too much to say about it...yet again we whooped on ya...BTW Jim no hard feelings just friendly facts! Don't get wound up!

Old 07-11-2007 | 10:30 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 20

ORIGINAL: aquill1
Hey Jim as for pearl harbor...does Hiroshima ring a bell?
I say you can't admit that we helped Jimmy! Maybe we should have allowed them to keep going at it for a few more years...
As for Independence Day...heck no you guys wouldn't want too much to say about it...yet again we whooped on ya...BTW Jim no hard feelings just friendly facts! Don't get wound up!
I know Aquill........re Hiroshima, thats why I said paybacks a bitch...lol
Jeez, of course you were a major part of WW11...I wouldn't deny that. Just trying to show that millions of other people lived the war for years every day. America helped with costs no doubt about it, America helped with Ships n munitions, no doubt about it. America eventually came into the war late on with men and that certainly helped turn the tide for sure.

And yep, you guys won your freedom all those years ago by kicking ***........I agree
Then again, I'm on your side, cos that was against the English.......we fought them in 1307 and won our freedom too....lol
I'm Scottish first and British second!
Lol

JC

Old 07-11-2007 | 12:08 PM
Veteran Member

Some good points. The last comment I will make is evreything you said holds some ground, except the French did nothing to help win the war.

Any brit will agree with me or your not really English. The Russians helped by invading from the east to surround the Germans, the British helped by backing up the USA, and the French helped by getting conquered years before America even joined the war. Ummm last I checked being conquered has nothing to do with victory. I think we all can agree that France sucks.

Old 07-11-2007 | 12:57 PM
Veteran Member

This is like watching the world cup. I like the Scottish pride, Jim. We are like that down in Texas. Of course, on the flip side, if it weren't for Texas, California, and Florida the tabloids would have no one to write about!

Old 07-11-2007 | 05:17 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah no doubt ken! Seems to me 93 is ready to argue with anyone and everyone! Just my guess though!

Old 07-11-2007 | 06:18 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 19

the French did nothing to help win the war.
Any brit will agree with me or your not really English.
Hey 93......I'm not the biggest fan of the french ( except maybe their women - sexyyy) I know they were beaten very quickly and occupied for the duration. That was because they were unprepared and the Gaermans attacked quickly and decisively. The resistance movement and the free french army certainly played their part...if you don't believe me, check it out.
Re your - any brit will agree with me etc etc.......You're missing the point. I'm Scottish born n bred, Scottish first and British second. As for English...there's not an English bone in my body.
The UK (United Kingdom) is made up of four countries, England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, all essentially countries within a country if you like.
Sorry bout the rant......lol

ORIGINAL - Ken@britishparts .com. This is like watching the world cup. I like the Scottish pride, Jim.
Thanks Ken.....I'm Scottish and proud of it. I love my country and all it stands for. We're only a small nation, but we got heart.

JC

Old 07-12-2007 | 02:31 AM

This is one of my favorite threads evAr!

I'm as American as they come...my family was here before the war for Independence. My ancestors owned a steel mill that constructed the chain that Washington used in the Delaware River to stop the British boats. As I mentioned, my family name is directly descended from George Mason, who wrote the Bill of Rights.

With that being said though, my Grandmother on my mother's side can trace her maiden name back to French nobility. A castle under that name stands in France to this day. Her grandmother was 1/2 Irish and 1/2 Welsh and can trace her ancestors back to an arranged marriage between two houses for political gain.

My father's great-grandparents on his mother's side were Artur and Esther Vagner, from Germany....their names changed to Arther and Ester Wagner when they came to the U.S.

I love having all the diversity. I'm the epitome of what Americans are...but I love celebrating all the aspects of my European heritage. AKA....an excuse to drink and party! Then I went and married a 100% Mexican woman....I needed to add that piece to make it in California! LOL

Old 07-12-2007 | 04:53 AM

Deb is Guy Fawkes day really celebrating terrorism. I thought it was celebrating that they stopped him and executed him.
Don't tell me, tell the bloody "do gooders" sat in local council trying to be all P.C

Thanks Ken.....I'm Scottish and proud of it. I love my country and all it stands for. We're only a small nation, but we got heart.
Can we give you back Gordon Brown?

Old 07-12-2007 | 05:06 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 17

Its early days for Gordon Brown Debbie, havin said that, I think you're gonna be right on that one!

Jim

Old 07-12-2007 | 06:47 AM
Veteran Member

Thats the way to do it....

Old 07-12-2007 | 08:32 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 18

Must have lost sumthin in translation Aquill???

JC

Old 07-12-2007 | 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: JimC64

Its early days for Gordon Brown Debbie, havin said that, I think you're gonna be right on that one!

Jim
When questioned last week didn't he say something like "I don't know, give me a chance I've only been PM for 9 days" The sneaky sly king of stealth taxes has been chancellor for the last 10 odd years, he must know something about goverment and policys. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

(That quote is VERY loosely based on the truth - not sure what the exact words were)

Old 07-12-2007 | 03:32 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 17

why don't you run Debs? We'll vote 4 ya!
Any joy with the moms at the school? Any other car lovers amongst them? We're a bit short on female members Debs and the Annual Dance is coming up soon....lol
Independance day over for this year guys.......Lookin forward to next years post.
[sm=closed.gif]

Jim

Old 07-13-2007 | 09:28 AM
|
Veteran Member

HEY! You jealous that we get an awesome day like July 4th, and you just get St. Patricks day? Why you locking my threads? JAJAJAJA Just kidding bud! Unlocked, just to let you guys know that this year, injuries on July 4th due to fireworks went down by over 80%!!! WOOHOO! Safety first guys! RELOCKED!

Old 07-13-2007 | 09:34 AM
Veteran Member

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  7.4 KB

Err Biggie.........I'm Scottish mate, maybe you missed the flags at the bottom of my post[&:]??
We have St Andrews day here.........St Patricks is for the Irish....lol

Re Re locked....lol

Jim