X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat and A/C problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 08:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat and A/C problems

I have an 2006 X-Type and the heat nor the ac blows, help finding and fixing the problem please?

Last edited by GGG; 02-09-2015 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Emphasise Model and Year
Old 02-09-2015, 08:30 AM
GGG
Received 16,857 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum jburcham37,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to X-Type forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 02-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,898 Likes on 3,203 Posts

jburcham, could you be a little more specific in what you are seeing? I am guessing that your dash blower is not moving any air for you but the A/C panel is functioning normally (other than not being able to control the fan). If this is the case, then I would say to first start with checking Fuse F37 in the passenger area fuse box. Next, check fuse F39 in the passenger fuse box.

If the fuses do not fix your problem, if you look at the top of the fuse box, you will see 2 large (square) relays there. I want you to swap them. The one on the left is your dash blower relay, the one on the right is for all the interior electronics. After swapping them, does the interior of your car power up and/or the car start? If no, then your problem is the relay that is in the right side of the fuse box right now. If the car starts up, then your problem is most likely with the dash blower motor.

To prove that the dash blower motor has an issue, you will need a 4" piece of 18 gauge solid core wire. Strip back about 1/2" on each end of the wire. Now, remove relay R4 (upper left relay in the passenger fuse box). If you look on the back of the relay, the posts will be labeled: 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. I want you to located posts 3 and 5. Now, relate those posts to the slots in the fuse box. Using the piece of wire, install the wire between the slots for 3 and 5. Did the blower start running? If no, then this confirms a bad blower motor. If yes, then your problem lies with the A/C panel and it is not turning on the relay which then powers the blower.

The following users liked this post:
jburcham37 (02-09-2015)
Old 02-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Default Heat and ac problems

Thanks Thermo, I will check as soon as I'm able to, and yes you are correct. The panel works and all controls are lit and operate properly, just no air movement..

Old 02-14-2015, 03:43 PM
Default Heat and ac problems

Thermo, I checked all the fuses, they are all good. You said check the relays, but there are no relays on my fuse panel, only in the motor compartment fuse box. There are some relays missing though, numbers r2, r6, and the 1.5 maxi fuse number 22, and when I pull the relay to try to jump the blower motor, the car is dead and won't run with the relay pulled. Is there some relays that I'm not seeing in the interior, and my interior fuse panel is on my driver side, left side, no fuse panels that I can find on the passenger side, any suggestions, and can you tell me what the relays and fuse number 22 all from the engine compartment fuse box are for, what they work, etc..? Thanks, and if possible can you let me know asap cause the weather here is gonna be below 30 degrees for the next 7 days..