X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help,car won't start!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help,car won't start!!

I went to change the radio on my 2007 Jaguar X type, It already had a cheap android aftermarket radio in it when I bought it and everything worked fine, just the radio was not powerful enough for me. I did not unplug the climate controls. I wired the radio up, using an aftermarket harness made for the car, common sense wiring, as everything is color coded. When I went to start the car to make sure everything was working, it wouldn't start. I keep hearing what sounds to be like a reverse sensor indicator beeping about 7-8 times but then nothing. I have headlights and dash lights, but no gauges, my windows will not go up now, and my brake lights don't work.
I took the battery out and had it tested and it tested good. I put it back in and same results. Tonight I plan to check all of the fuses, I am hoping it is just that simple, but afraid that it may not be.
Does anyone have any ideas? I am not rich, so I have to try and fix this myself and I don't have any of the expensive code scanners.
Thank you.

Old 03-29-2021, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,548 Likes on 3,957 Posts

Take off the aftermarket items. Don't trust the battery - check its state of charge properly.

Old 03-29-2021, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I removed the aftermarket radio and backup camera. The car is original now except that there is no radio in it. And I am still getting these issues.

I took the battery to Advanced Auto and they tested it and it came back good.

Old 03-29-2021, 06:24 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,915 Likes on 3,217 Posts

Akazper75, lets first start with verifying that fuse F35 in the engine bay fuse box is good. That would be something that could easily explain all that is wrong. If that fuse is good, then in the passenger compartment fuse box, swap relays R4 and R5. Did things change. If yes, you will probably notice now that your dash blower doesn't work. replace the relay that is in the R4 position. If you continue to have issues, then you are most likely looking at a bad passenger compartment fuse box. But, I would doubt that unless you were really rough on the fuse box during the radio install. By chance, did you use any piggy backing "circuit extenders" as part of the radio install? You know the kind where you pull a fuse, put in this adapter that gives you a wire out and a spot to plug the fuse back in. Those are known for causing issues.

If you continue to have issues, let me know and I will see what I can figure out for you.

The following users liked this post:
Yorta2 (03-29-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 06:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Akazper75,

I would never want to presume I would know more than Thermo because I know this is100% not possible - But, as I recall the exact same thing happened to me when I switched out the radio.

Unless I am mistaken, I had to disconnect the J-Gate connection to remove the "arm rest". My car would not start. After troubleshooting, I realized when I put it back together that I did not reconnect the J-Gate fully.

I'm sure Thermo can weigh in on this but I think this is the issue that I had.

Good Luck.