X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!, Interior lights will not turn off

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 12:45 PM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

yep got the lock so well lubed you can hardly hear it click shut...! The replacement lock was faulty too so I just bridged the connection wires for the time being, Ill keep a look out for another one as Im going round. Next job is to sort the front interior lights, suspect a faulty circuit but will check the wiring first...

Originally Posted by RudyF6
I may be too late with this reply, but I was going to suggest lubing the heck out of your door latches before tearing into anything further. Every problem I ever had with locks or lights was attributed to a sticky pin switch in a door latch; usually the drivers side.

Old 04-26-2019, 01:50 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,892 Likes on 3,199 Posts

Hex, if you are having problems with the front lights, there is a ground wire connection under the front headlights as I recall. That can cause your lights to do funny things. Check that first and then I would go after the headlight housing plug.

Old 04-30-2019, 05:55 AM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi ya mate, hope you are well. Its the interior front overhead courtesy lights that were staying on, I have a feeling its a faulty circuit board than a short but will have to check both to make sure. Just been to lazy to fix it, been like that over a year now but I just unplugged them and used the centre light. Having the car resprayed in the next month then painting the alloys black, seen a nice XK in same colour and it look good. Will save the lights for when it rains so I dont have to get wet checking the cables etc.. lol

Originally Posted by Thermo
Hex, if you are having problems with the front lights, there is a ground wire connection under the front headlights as I recall. That can cause your lights to do funny things. Check that first and then I would go after the headlight housing plug.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Silly 2 cents once accidently I had just programmed my garage door opener, then the next day forgot which button i used. I pressed the wrong button unknowingly started the programming sequence again which turns the interior lights on until the programming sequence in finished. I drove to work with the interior on then had to disconnect the battery because I didnt know if the light would go off. Once home I started the garage door opener sequence again and the interior light went off opener works great.