X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, my X-type has an ABS Fault. Afraid *********** will rip me

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 02:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HELP MY NEW X-TYPE HAS AN ABS LIGHT COME ON !!!

Dude get the codes, you cant diagnose a problem without the codes, thats like asking us what number your thinking of right now. WE DONT KNOW! Get the codes post them and go from there. Then look up the codes on your own and do a search to figure out what they might be, then when you have a basis of knowledge about the problem post your question if you have one. Also your lucky you werent arrested, where I am from its called Larceny of Services and if they called the police you would be in jail right now or taken out on a criminal complaint and have to go to court post bail/bond etc.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:40 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well like the Porsche dealer tells me you have a Porsche can you not afford the cost to fix it. Same goes to you. You sound like cheating slime in my book if I was the dealer I would hunt you down and beat you to death with a monkey wrench. Then cut your body up and feed it to a group of rabib dogs.

Then again that is just me. If you cannot fix it yourself and cannot afford to get it fixed you cannot afford to own the damn car.

But you know that now dont you.....

Old 01-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Received 145 Likes on 83 Posts

Damn Bo, you do have a brighter side! Very well put.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts

So there you have it folks. Even if the guy spent 10 hours working on this guys car, he still wouldn't pay the bill simply because he did not sign a piece of paper. Shows an extreme lack of integrity on your part I must say. If you did that to me, I would get your address off the repair order and come beat my money out of you.

Just to set the record straight, I think your lying about the $300 for diagnostics. But wait, you cannot prove it either way because you don't have any paperwork.

People like you are the future of our world, and all I can say to that is I hope I die before one of your generation get into power.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

if you can't afford it dont drive it!
im right on your side FactoryJagTech

Old 01-17-2008, 06:42 PM

Thanks man.....sniff

Old 01-17-2008, 06:57 PM

Just an observation.....I wonder if JagXtypeBoy and FromBenz are related?

Old 01-17-2008, 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: jagxtypeboy

Anyone ?
from benz, that you there? [sm=youreright.gif]

Old 01-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey xtype boy it is asinine that they tried charging you 300 for diagnostic, I find it more obsurd and asinine that you paid only 11k for a select edition jag let alone a sport, let alone a 2004??? That is absolutely unheard of! I'm the king of knowing what these cars are worth and knowing if its worth it and you got ripped off in a different fashion! There has to be something wrong with that car for you to get it for that much! Even Texascarsdirect doesn't sell cars that cheap no matter how crappy the resale value is.

He FJT wouldn't they charge him by an hourly rate for diagnostic (of one hour) that would be a little over a hundred bucks if my math is correct? 300 bucks for just getting your lights checked sounds outrageous and perhaps your leaving some information out on this one! Much like frombenz did for his. I find it hard to believe that for one hour of work they were charging you 300 bucks but you weren't around long enough to figure out what was going on or what exactly they were charging you, perhaps you weren't even covered under SE anyways?

BTW I commend you on your calmness on this one! I was shocked when I read that! I thought for sure there was going to be some mad pounding on the poor kid!

Old 01-17-2008, 08:15 PM

If it was at my dealer, j wouldn't have charged anything to just look.
Diag time normally starts at 1hr up front. If it goes beyond we will stop and contact customer.
if you want to know about customer service at the dealer level,
ask *********doll. In one day, I got her car in, got 8 grands worth of work approved by select and did free oil change and
put 4 tires on her car for free just because I believe that is good for customer relations.
oh and she was nice and respectful and showed true appreciation for what was being done.
Take a page out of her book and you will go much further in life.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:19 PM

If your car was a lease turn in I doubt it has select edition on it. Visit jaguarusa.com and look at requirements for select edition certification. Especially the part about vehicle being in retailer stock.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:03 AM

ORIGINAL: jagxtypeboy

Again for the last time folks, I didnt sign any paperwork or recieved any paperwork authorizing diag fees and possible labor charges if I decided I needed it. The Tech did a 15min job pluggin my car to a computer, and the advisor came back with a bill of $300 for diag charge, and $900 if I wanted work done, but it was mandatory to pay the $300 diag fee. So that right there is a huge ripoff. Far as the people stating I ripped the dealer off and tech is losing money please the dealer is making plenty of money, they rip folks like you to pay diag fees and tell you something needs repairing and you fall for it. I dont let anyone try rip me off. So by all means did the right thing take my keys and leave. Without a contractservices arenot valid. I dont care if tech spent 10hrs on a car and gave me a $8000 bill I still wouldnt pay it bc I did not authorized it. Only a sucker would be so niave to fall for BS. Not me.
I am not ripping into you or trying to blow this out of proportion but there are proper channels for dealing with this fee. If you told the dealer that you needed repairs done or you needed to have your car "checked" the first step is to run a diagnostic on it. So it was implied that you wanted your car checked. I am not sure what "select edition" entails but it would be best if you get what it does/doesnt cover before hand. If the dealer tried charging me and I had the warranty policy with me that stated that I dont pay for diagnostic fees or labor etc then I would present it to the manager and tell him/her I am not paying this bill. If the dealer still insisted on me paying I would tell him to call jaguar corporate hq and straighten it out with them or with your warranty carrier.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:13 AM

Now I am convinced your lying. If your car is under factory warranty as you claim, there would be zero diag unless your vehicle was damaged.

Quick Reply: Help, my X-type has an ABS Fault. Afraid *********** will rip me