Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID installation. Pictures and problem :-(

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: HID installation. Pictures and problem :-(

Truthfully it doesn't matter what car wet pavement changes the visibility no matter what the vehicle or being with/out hids...wish hids changed that but they don't! Its raining? Here its snowing!

Old 12-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I knew that and it was a little foggy, but just a subject of saying.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member

I was letting you know the hids won't change a thing...sounded like you had no idea that would happen...don't worry you don't have to back yourself up when you say something...I was letting you know the hids won't change it...

Old 12-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Maybe I misunderstood what you're saying quil, but the HID's are NOT brighter than the stockers?

Old 12-25-2007, 12:05 PM

He meant like when it rains HID or stock doesnt make a difference.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Veteran Member

Jason's got what I was saying but what do you mean the hids aren't brigher than stock lights? You mean just in the rain like i was saying? If your speaking on regular dry nights that hids aren't brighter than halogens your crazy! They are way brighter than stocks...link

Old 12-26-2007, 12:27 AM

No I meant in the rain, HID doesnt make a difference at all. On dry pavement I have never had HID light but they loo much brighter.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member

OK! I thought for a second you guys were saying that HID's were just as bright as stockers...phew(wipes head)!

Old 12-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member

So bigs are you saying that hids aren't brighter than halogens? Or that it doesn't matter neither one helps in rain? I'm confused...

Old 12-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  7.4 KB

ORIGINAL: aquill1
So bigs are you saying that hids aren't brighter than halogens? Or that it doesn't matter neither one helps in rain? I'm confused...
Thank god for that Aquill.................After reading the last 4-5 posts in this thread I thought it was just me?....lol

Jim

Old 12-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member

I'm lost...let's talk about something else.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:43 AM

lol, ok bigdreams and all of you, what did you get me for christmas lol

Old 12-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member

A fake ID so you an come one the forum...LMAO!!!

Old 12-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member

Nobody made fun of you for a day...isn't that a gift enough?

Seriously though bigs you don't think hids are brighter than hids?

Ok I was just kidding on that one but you don't think hids are brighter than halogens? Or in the rain hids are the same brightness as the rain makes both lights equal~almost no light to help you out either way...???

Old 12-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  7.4 KB

ORIGINAL: bigdreams05
A fake ID so you an come one the forum...LMAO!!!
Lol.....
Hey Jase's doin all right for a guy his age owning a Jag whether he can buy a beer or not.........not bad

Jim

Old 01-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally I have completed the HID upgrade with the new headlights (a long time after [&:]). Now I don´t have any level problem between each bulb but there are two gold zones on the illumination. could anybody explain why is it there and how to fix? Anyway it isn´t a big problem.

Also, I think with the new headlights the light isn´t as far as before. Could I regulate it to get a far away illumination? I saw two manual regulators on the headlights cases but I don´t know if I should touch it.

Regards!

Old 01-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Don't worry about the gold zone, that is just a change in the color spectrum that is viewable as the HID light output is 'bent' at the projector cutoff. Mine has one, though not as pronounced as yours, and it is stock. Did you put in OSRAM, Philips, or another type of bulbp. It could be just the type of bulb that creates this in comparison to the shape and location of that cutoff in relation to the center point of your bulb.

To summarize, you cannot do anything about it unless you are willing to modify your projector and shift the position of the bulb in each one. Believe me, it is a pain in the rear. In normal driving, you won't even notice it.

Enjoy, it looks like a very nice result!

Old 01-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I was looking to order these HID kits from that guy on ebay. Due you need to buy bulbs seperatly? Does anyone have any tips on the install? Things that go wrong or shortcuts? and after reading this whole post have we figured out which lights look better? 6000k-8000k??? thanks oh and has any one done the fogs yet?? if so would you due it again??

Old 01-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Veteran member

Install...no help for you here.

I'm curious how racaz managed to go from a beam patter that flaired at a 45deg angle see here, to the horizontal beam pattern. Did you change projectors in your ride?

As for color, I can't stress enough that the 6000 is the best option for HID installs. It gives you the most light output for your car, and that color (blue/purple) that looks soo cool on the newer vehicles is the light beam getting cutoff in the projector...it creates the 'rainbow' that you see when those cars are oncoming, or behind you in your mirror. A 6000k white light generates a beautiful bluish/purple horizon to show off.

Others like their beams to be ALL blue, but again, personal preference there. Sacrifice beam intensity (read sight distance) for that color. I promise you, 6000's still stand out in a line of cars, you will get noticed (and you can see!) [sm=insomnia.gif]

all the best of luck...it's a project indeed, but is well worth it in the end. I built my own HID headlamps for an older jeep, and it is still working after 6 years. Still, the only HID gr cherokee that I know of. Dealers and service guys always complimented them.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Veteran member

ORIGINAL: racaz

Also, I think with the new headlights the light isn´t as far as before. Could I regulate it to get a far away illumination? I saw two manual regulators on the headlights cases but I don´t know if I should touch it.

Regards!
Looks like she's dippin kinda low. I would definately fiddle with the Vertical adjustment to bring those beams up another foot or foot and a half. Factory Jag tech mentioned a procedure for aiming your headlights against a wall, but I cant remember where it is right now. anyway, I always liked to trial-n-error on the street in front of my house. Rule of thumb -> place it behind a parked car of average height (no SUVs or fieros[sm=lol.gif] )(100' or so) and bring those headlamps to where they are just below entering the cabin of the car (top of hood) That's a good place to start, tweak to your liking after driving it for a few nights.

Quick Reply: HID installation. Pictures and problem :-(