X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID installation. Pictures and problem :-(

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 04:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HID installation. Pictures and problem :-(

Indeed I have changedcompletely the headlights. I only broke the passenger side tabs but I couldn´t fix it and a after wait a time to receive used headlights from ebay.... I received it with broken tabs (maybe because of travel). I was comppletely desperate and I bought the new headlights from Jaguar dealer. The headlights where the HID is installed are absolutely new from Jaguar dealer. I bought also the driver side one to avoid difference on look from one or another. Here some pics of these new headlights and the older.

It has been a expensive solution but anyway now I´m happy with the headlights look and I have no problem with it.

h20boy; the procedure you tell me to adjust the light level is moving the white pieces on the top of headlights, isn´t it? I have never touched it as I´m afraid I could break some tab or something into the headlight if I don´t do it properly (I´m traumatized with the tabs after all jejej)

Regards!

Old 01-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much do they cost man. Must have been over $1k.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WTF??? How much did that cost you?

Old 01-23-2008, 11:17 AM

Aquil HID Xenon factory brand new lights, he hasnt said a price but I think it should be in the $1k range.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member

More than that...I think they were like $800 for the regular headlamps...

Old 01-23-2008, 12:04 PM

It was 720 EUROS for both regular headlamps (around 1050 USD or 540 GBP). Itare not factory xenon units. It are regular headlamps and I complete the HID upgrade myself with mydepot 6000k kit.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Veteran Member

Oh I thought you were saying the new lights with hids as though you bought brand new hids from the dealer! Those are quite expensive!

6000k is the best color imo of hids. They are really bright and blue which I didn't think they would be as blue as they are but I'm very happy with them.

JVEGAS I bought mine from mydepot and so have many people. They are like 72.99 shipped to you and that is for bulbs, ballasts and everything needed to hook right up. All you have to do to install is drill hole in the back of the cover of the headlights to the dimensions the hid package tells you than cut the connector off inside their (2 wires-yellow/brown yellow +) and hook the 2 wires up that are + and - to those 2 wires inside the headlight. Once completed you pop the bulbs in there pull slack from the that black cover and than put it back together...its really easy if you need help let me know...

As for the fogs there was only one person that has done those. IMO I wouldn't do it I'd get a nice bulb and pop them in there...

Old 01-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Sorry racaz, not familiar with your light's adjustment process, but there has to be one. Let one of these other x-type owners tell you which one to turn, and which direction to bring those lights up for ya. Your old ones may have been very old and brittle, I mean the lenses on your old lamps were dingy yellow, definately UV exposed for long periods of time. You could clean them up with a lens refurbisher (i saw it in the auto parts store with the buffing/polishing products) and sell them off as 'parts' only on ebay. Someone would surely pay some amount of money for the projectors, housings, or other bits in there.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah racas you should be able to get a decent amount for those lamps...perhaps drop the money you spent down a couple hundred bucks...

Be careful with those adjustors on the headlights one is vertical one side to side....just be careful...

Old 01-24-2008, 12:37 PM

damn racas man I saw a few on ebay brand new for 1 is $350. $1050 for2 DAMN!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 07:22 AM

Welll... this is Spain. If I bought that on EEUU I should add the shipping costs... it would be more expensive and from another country; now I have it from the local dealer with their warranty and support.

And, yes, I will try to sell my old headlamps. The left side one is perfectly, without anything broke, I will try to clean the lenses and sell them.

About the adjustors I think I will ask for the dealer before try anything; I don´t want to break any tab from the headlamps but I really need to regulate it; the longer light level is really short, with the older headlamps it was so much far.

And is it possible with this regulation to avoid or reduce the yellow/orange zone from the ilumination? You said me it´s normal in some way but now I know it´s there I´m always obsessioned with it, watching it when I drive on the night. With the older headlamps there wasn´t this problem on the light and it´s supossed the projectors are the same and, of course, I´m using the same HID bulbs.

Regards,

Old 01-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

For as much money as you just dropped on the headlamps themselves, they may adjust them for you for nada. (using my ol' spanish from high school) lol

If in doubt, bring up a box of doghnuts or kolaches for all the service guys. Score!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:31 PM

jejej Well, I´m not so sure they will do it for free... anyway I´ll have to ask them, the problem for me to do anything on the official Jaguar dealer is I must complete a travel of 30 kms. to there; there isn´t anyonenear

PD. "nada" jejejej