Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hig performance engine sawp

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default hig performance engine sawp

Just wondering, did anybody do a high performance ( meaning any crate engine/other engine) to get my hp/torque out of it, and switch out the other components ont his car, i know theres a ton for the xjv12, like i saw a pic where one guy threw a viper eninge into it. Just curious to see, any problems/recommendations

Old 05-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

you can do anything you want, as long as you have deep pockets, handful of dedicated mechanics, a machine shop, welding shop, fabricating shop and maybe Sister Anna Marie to bless you and the car.

Nobody has performed an engine swap, meaning, taking out the 2.5 or 3.0L and replacing it with something better/bigger. You'll be the first. Good luck.

I did have a dream of stuffing in a Ls1 between them sexy fenders....but then i woken to the sound of my bank being robbed!

Let us know how it turns out!

Old 05-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member

Well, im not doing it now, im just saying, when my 2.5l, craps out on me, i was tthinking of going with a 350, simple engine, adds hp/torgue, and won't really be much, to bad i'm not a full flegded mechanic, ill probally pay someon to do it.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol I was about to say "I wonder if a LS1 swap would work...". But Racer beat me.

But yes everything comes down to how much you want to spend. With money you can do almost anything you want. I have no clue if it will be reliable though.

Remember the X-Type tranny sucks. It will most probably explode if you even add any power to the stock car it seems. So if you add a larger engine, you need a new tranny to handle the power. Along with numerous other beefed up mounts and components to handle the power.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Veteran Member

Amen brother!
Disco, the standard 350 you speak of....you talking about the old Detroit iron block? If so..forgetaboutit. If you wanna do it right get a nice LS3 with all the accessories, aka, wires, ECU and trans. Should be about 6-7K (just saw a beautiful 6.0L L76 on ebay for 6K, low miles to boot) the new 6 speed tranny is nice too...get the rear posi diff from the G8 or any R/t Dodge with multi link suspension.

This will require you to gut all the AWD, stuff the 6.0L all aluminum block between the fenders, install the tranny, drive shaft (will need to be cut) and multi link suspension.

With all that power, don't forget about your brakes, you'll need stopping power cause them standard Jag brakes will not cut it.

Now that i think about it, best bet is to buy a complete donor car.....maybe the ford mustang GT, this way you'll have everything there.......

You'll have the fastest Jag around! nice little sleeper...though the new exhaust with that deep v-8 sound may give it away.....

Old 05-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Veteran Member

yeah, the 350 does weigh in a bit, but yeah that my plan, to gut the awd ( will suck in canadain winter) and go all rwd, but the problem trying to fit the v8, the engine compartment doesn't give you alot off room to work with, from my ooint anyways, plus it will take a while, next time ill go frot he super v8, if its around by the time im done with my car

Old 05-13-2009, 06:45 AM
Veteran Member

Im sure they have sub frame connectors and what not that will allow you to install the LS3.....or whatever you want.

However, the money you spend might be better invested in the XFR Jag, it's sexy, seek and has 450 hp! Think about it.....

Old 05-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Now you're talking racer

Old 05-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Veteran Member

yeah racer, i almost forgot they recently came out with it, but how reliable is the new wire/ gear selector, and i don't like how you get it with out the hood ornament

Old 05-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Veteran Member

As far as i know, the new 2009-10's are very reliable. As for the hood ornament....i thought they were cool but there's the fear that one day you'l wake up and find that someone ripped it off.....

I can do without that...

Old 05-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Veteran Member

yeah i guess,its not happened to me yet, But theres sence of fear that you pull up to other drivers, and they see a gleaming jaguar then they see your car, its a sence of pride. For me the best moment is when i leave the school and wait for all the chicks, and dudes with there ****ty civics/ol *** junkers cross the street in front of me, and they stare at the hood ornament when it rolls by. Its a good feeling, even though my 2.5l's not eh fastest car ever. But yeah. And really, are they reliable, i'd really like jag, to make super relaible cars, it would be nice.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:55 PM

New XFR doesn't have 450hp. It has 510hp!! and 460 ft-lb tq. Not to mention it sounds sick. And since its supercharged, it probably can be modded A LOT easier than the x-type.

I wouldn't really mess with hardcore modifications. Because you need to remember, you can't just swap in the engine and everything and be done. The maintenance on such a beast will go up quite a bit and you have to keep fixing little things.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Disco stu55
yeah i guess,its not happened to me yet, But theres sence of fear that you pull up to other drivers, and they see a gleaming jaguar then they see your car, its a sence of pride. For me the best moment is when i leave the school and wait for all the chicks, and dudes with there ****ty civics/ol *** junkers cross the street in front of me, and they stare at the hood ornament when it rolls by. Its a good feeling, even though my 2.5l's not eh fastest car ever. But yeah. And really, are they reliable, i'd really like jag, to make super relaible cars, it would be nice.
I used to feel the same way. Like my car is the **** and everyone elses sucks. But I slowly grew out of that when I was about 20. Now I just enjoy the car myself and don't flaunt it anymore. I feel better this way. I just happened to be lucky to get my Jag and I greatly appreciate it. I don't judge others based on what they drive. Some of the people driving those beat up civics have parents that are worth hundreds of millions. You just never know until you meet them. Most people at my school don't really care for it that much. Most of my school has bimmers, benzes, audis, range rovers, etc. 1 kid has a new GT-R and another one that just graduated had a 996 Turbo. I've seen numerous lambos, ferraris, bentleys, aston martins, and lotus's in my school parking lot over the years. So most kids could careless about a jag which to them only old people drive. But I like it. It lets me fly under the radar without drawing attention while still letting me have fun in the car when I go out for a drive. And I still do get nice comments on the car from people but its mostly from girls. The guys here are all about bimmers.

Enjoy your car safely. Keep us updated on your mods. I'm excited to follow along.

Last edited by Master Deep; 05-14-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

If you are thinking of fabricating an engine/drivetrain swap on an X I would think figuring how to put a leaper on an XF would be a piece of cake.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Alfadude
If you are thinking of fabricating an engine/drivetrain swap on an X I would think figuring how to put a leaper on an XF would be a piece of cake.
+1

If you have the means to get an XF, I would take that over an x-type. The XF's coupe profile is simply stunning. Especially in Black.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Master Deep
+1

If you have the means to get an XF, I would take that over an x-type. The XF's coupe profile is simply stunning. Especially in Black.
I see your point Master ,it makes sence because XF's designed by Ian Callum

Old 05-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah master deep, i kinda grew out of it, stopped worrying about, got used to all the stares, now when i came home from school everyday, i sit it for a minute and enjoy what i've wworked 5 years to earn, and just a serene moment ( sounds gay i knwo) but yeah the girls do love it. here the guys are all about who's got the biggest deisel/ nicest truck/ or some japense import. But i like my car, reliable/ fun, cozy,. I won't do anything to it, and yeah if i get the xfr, ill buy the hood ornament off ardens website or something, and attach it somehow.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by cadillac
I see your point Master ,it makes sence because XF's designed by Ian Callum
Yes sir. Exactly why the XF looks like an aston martin kind've from the back...because he designed the aston martins too. lol

Old 05-14-2009, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Disco stu55
Yeah master deep, i kinda grew out of it, stopped worrying about, got used to all the stares, now when i came home from school everyday, i sit it for a minute and enjoy what i've wworked 5 years to earn, and just a serene moment ( sounds gay i knwo) but yeah the girls do love it. here the guys are all about who's got the biggest deisel/ nicest truck/ or some japense import. But i like my car, reliable/ fun, cozy,. I won't do anything to it, and yeah if i get the xfr, ill buy the hood ornament off ardens website or something, and attach it somehow.
I do the same thing. I get in car after school, and just sit there for a minute enjoying just looking over the inside before I drive off. I was really sad when Jag stopped using hood ornaments in 2007 or 2008. But their new designs just look gorgeous so I'll let them off the hook this time. ;-)

Old 05-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

True enough about the XF, but still, there is something that is so comforting about looking down the hood seeing that leaper sort of pointing the way.

Quick Reply: hig performance engine sawp