X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I disconnected my front sway bar.. seems that I need shocks.. where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default RE: I disconnected my front sway bar.. seems that I need shocks.. where to buy?

Name:  Jagbrightlights7.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  4.6 KB

Hey Sonic...........nice looking car man, why you selling?
What you got in mind for a replacement.
Great looking car obviously well loved n looked after...........I'm sure you'll get a sale soon.

Cheers

Jim

Old 06-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I disconnected my front sway bar.. seems that I need shocks.. where to buy?

Thanks. Not even a look at my car yet! I planned on replacing it with a new GTO, but it looks like this car might be with me for a while.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:42 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would usually say thats a shame not gettin a look, but its such a nice car that i think u wud be better off with the X instead of the GTO. I know the performance difference in the two is big, but the look and the interior of the X is so much better (in opinion anyway). Good luck with the sale

Old 06-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My bossman had the 05 in black...the 06 was out but he got a pretty fat deal on his...flipped it 2 weeks later with his daughter in the back...GTO's are nice man but never as nice as a jag. When I'm going down the road nobody even knows that a gto is a GTO! When you roll in a jag everyone knows your in a Jag-u-a-r! (with the snooty attitude and mad accent)

Old 06-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Jaguar is the most beautiful car .The car itself is a high born in every respect .PErformance wise may not be as good as GTO but hey you can also try Dodge SRT .It's a rude looking car but performance wise seems better to GTO

Old 06-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member

I would have bought an srt4 when you could buy one new...as chrysler in general sucks! There was an 04 when I was buying my escape in august of 05 for like 17k brand new! Too bad I probably couldn't have afforded insurance! I was going to lease an 05 ram with 20's til the insurance to lease was going to be about 400 per month! I was only going to be paying low 200's for the lease payment!

Old 06-04-2007, 05:58 PM

Despite how fast the SRT4 was, aside from the bullet-proof engine, the car's quality was far from acceptable. It also handles poorly and it's pretty friggen ugly. I like GTO because it's understated, liveable on a daily basis, quite reliable, and the insurance is not ridiculous like a 'Vette or a SRT4. Plus, we all know that no 4 cylinder car is cool. As much as I love my X, I'm bored of 4 doors. That's all I've ever owned.

The X is either getting modded or sold. Looks like we all know what's going to happen...

Old 06-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Veteran Member

You kidding me! I like the srt4 but I do hate coffee cans...that car is a little bit different than your normal 4-banger...it looks more like a viper than a ricer....i find it hard also to believe that the insurance on a 34,000 dollar 400 hp car is ever cheaper than a barely 20,000 230-235 hp car! Not to mention the srt4 was 4 dr not 2 like the gto...For what they wanted for the cars I say it was a steal! Now given I hate chrysler in general and the quality isn't there but like I said as long as your buying the thing new who cares its got a warranty...you beat on it enough than you go sell it although you will probably owe some money to the bank as depriciation on chryslers in general (except jeep) are sucky! I'd love to have that car for a good gas mileage, get to work and back and and rip up some of the asian ricers! In general though I like the gto but the srt4 has its place and it does it quite well with all things considered! This is like comparing an apple to orange's...a neon doesn't appeal to those over 25...

I just still can't get over the fact that you don't like the car you have...how anyone could think that a gto would be any better than the car you already have...good luck driving that gto in the snow...although empty parking lots would be a heck of a lot more fun!

Old 06-04-2007, 10:44 PM

I NEVER said I didn't like my car; in fact quite the contrary! (I've always wanted to say that) As I've said before, I love the X as a daily driver, but I've got the racing bug and the X is not a great platform to build a track car off. The parts would be custom, which means money mula muzula skeetish cabbage lettuce for mods to beef up the car for the track. GTO, on the other hand, is a good car for the track out of the box. I have a beater available for the winter with snow tires and all. I'm bored of 4 doors. I grew up loving sports, exotic, and mostly muscle cars. Before I saw this car (and then bought it), if you'd told me I'd be driving a Jag at any time in my life, I would have written you off as mentally FUBAR'd. I stumbled upon this car by accident because it was stick-shifted, AWD and it was in my price range. I've wanted a GTO since 2004, but I could only just now afford one.

For now, the plan is to keep my ride and beef it up to reasonable levels. I'll leave the ad up just in case.

The insurance on an SRT-4 is twice as much for me. Any turbo car, especially a light one, has a ridiculous premium on it. Add to the fact that it's a car synonomous with modifications and street-racing, and the fact that I'm in a high-risk age bracket and you have a premium that is twice as much as the GTO. The GTO is in a heavier weight class despite it being a coupe and not as many "high-risk" drivers seek GTOs as they do SRT-4s, STis, and EVOs. It costs the same for me to insure a 2004 LS1 GTO as my 2002 X. The '05+ GTO with the LS2 costs a bit more.

But, even if the SRT-4 was the fastest car on the planet, its still a FWD compact car. As for a warranty, you can't buy one new because they ceased production in 2005 so they could hit it a few more times with the ugly stick and end up with the Caliber. Bleach! I don't get it. Plymouth and Dodge were the king of muscle cars in the late '60's, early '70's. Now Plymouth is dead and Dodge should make Viper it's own brand.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:47 PM

But anyway...!

Bo... did you fix the rattle yet?

Old 06-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Veteran Member

How old are you? I don't get how the insurance is cheaper in the gto? The gto is faster than the neon, is more expensive than the neon and is more everything than the neon! Hey man I'm not raggin on ya or anything I'm just not a huge fan of the gto...especially when you would rather have it than a jag! But hey thats why you are you and I am me! Thank goodness for you I am me! Personally I'd rather have an 03-04 cobra! I love the cobra and have heard that the experimental irs they put in it was quite the fun piece for tracking...thats what I've heard...but hey??? I just think the gto has been overhyped...nothing special...don't get me wrong they are nicer than a neon but for the money I'd rather have a cobra! I'm more of a ford guy anyways...oh shoot I wasn't supposed to let the cat out of the bag...darn oh well! No hard feeling there buddy but hey why don't you get a trans am like a 98 or something and hang onto the jag too! Has that 350 you want and the price should be right!

Old 06-06-2007, 09:31 PM

A 03-04 Cobra that's unmolested is expensive and hard to come by. The GTO is a fantastic value. I'd love a Cobra, but between insurance and cost of the particular Cobra I'd want, it's out of the question. I'm not quite 23, unmarried, and have a couple of prior accidents (fortunately none in my X!) so turbo'd cars are out of this world for insurance. Get yourself a quote on an SRT-4 or STi and compare it to a 2004 GTO; you'll be very suprised. I can do live quotes at Geico.com and I've done it many times. I know it's dumb, but there is a lot of factors they take into consideration. Multiple deaths have occured with all the "tuner" cars related to racing or wreckless driving. The average GTO buyer is much older and thus the wreckless incidents are a much lower percentage. Thus, the GTO isn't a "high-risk" car. My X costs the same to insure as a 2004 GTO.

For now, the X is staying. The damaged wheels have now all been refinished (finally, after almost 2 years of ownership!). Next is new tires and fixing the driver's bolster.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Veteran Member

Well a lot of the things affect the insurance of a particular car...the biggest other than your information is the amount of theft, cost of products to fix the cars once smashed and how hard it is to find the parts to fix. You might want to check all insurance companies while your at it sonic. I learned early that every place changes their prices as they go along...I started with progressive left them went to aaa and ended up with progressive for my bike a year later after they were out of this world for insurance for it! I ended up with state farm and thats where I'm at and have been at for nearly 2 years...accidents hurt your cost of insurance pretty bad! The theft may be lower on the gto which would effect the cost of insurance not to mention the safety of the car...and those quotes on-line have never been very accurate for me! As far as deaths in tuners don't think that changed the cars rating...goes more on how high theft is on a particular car, safety features of the car, crash test ratings, options of the car, top speeds of the car which last time I checked the gto is faster than a neon! Initial cost of the vehicle comes into play as well...among other things

Old 06-07-2007, 08:06 PM

Geico's online "quotes" for current customers are not really quotes. You can actually redo your policy online, view the price, and then decide if you want to make the change. I've done this a couple of times, never having to even speak to a rep. It's nice not having to go through a middleman!

Old 06-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah no doubt and they give you better deals that way usually...how did you get your initial policy then? I've done the online quotes and they have been pretty inaccurate for me and I would never want to think about calling them up to get a quote...I assume you called them first to get insurance?

Old 06-09-2007, 05:17 PM

Call geico or go to Geico.com. Insurance brokers are a rip. Go direct.

Old 06-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  6.3 KB

Don't know if you guys have it over there, but I'm sure if not you 'll have sumthin similar...............moneysupermarket.com
Checks out ptices from over 50 different insurance companies.....find the cheapest and then call them to tailor it for your specific needs

Works great............already saved me hundereds £££

Jim

Old 06-10-2007, 05:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

I'm glad you'rehappy with that

Old 06-10-2007, 05:45 PM

Sounds like an online broker...

Quick Reply: I disconnected my front sway bar.. seems that I need shocks.. where to buy?