X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got a CEL -- P0332 knock sensor 2 circuit low bank 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 06:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I got a CEL -- P0332 knock sensor 2 circuit low bank 2

Hello dear friends. After paying lots of money to the Jaguar dealer service with other problems unresolved by several mechanical attempts elsewhere before two months ago, once back to PA, I've just got now a brand new problem of my engine light: "P0332 knock sensor 2 circuit low bank 2." I am terrified as I cannot go to NY at these hard times for "not essential" traveling. What could have happened (did I do anything wrong?) and what should I do, please? The Jaguar dealer service will not be willing to take any responsibility for other trouble codes than the ones they fixed. Thank you so much and God bless you. Take care of yourselves.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 489 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by marcela
Hello dear friends. After paying lots of money to the Jaguar dealer service with other problems unresolved by several mechanical attempts elsewhere before two months ago, once back to PA, I've just got now a brand new problem of my engine light: "P0332 knock sensor 2 circuit low bank 2." I am terrified as I cannot go to NY at these hard times for "not essential" traveling. What could have happened (did I do anything wrong?) and what should I do, please? The Jaguar dealer service will not be willing to take any responsibility for other trouble codes than the ones they fixed. Thank you so much and God bless you. Take care of yourselves.
post the repair they did. The parts they replaced. They may have broken a wire or left a knock sensor unplugged

Old 04-09-2020, 11:00 AM
Default Jaguar $4781 invoice for repairs of 2 months before I got P0332 code

Dear Aarcuda, thank you for your reply. Hereby is the invoice Jaguar dealership Huntington, NY charged me (with $4781.15) for the previous engine light problems and their repairs. But, with all problems I however never had a P0332 code. Never. And I do not drive the car too much. Thank you if you or anybody, could make a sense of those repairs and this terrifying P0332 code. God bless.

Old 04-09-2020, 12:45 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Marcela. I gave you my friends shop address a few months ago. He’s in Queens NYC. He works on my Jaguar and is a great competent mechanic. You should swing by his shop and see what he says. If you need the name and number and address PM me and I’ll give u the information.

Old 04-09-2020, 01:27 PM

NYCJAG2006, unfortunately I am not in NY right now and traveling back and forth there is problematic at this virotic time. I was hoping that somebody might know if what was worked on could have affected the knock sensor 2. Or tell me what does usually affects the knock sensor 2. Just in case give me that name again. Thank you.
ALSO NOT TO DISREGARD THAT ELMHURST, WHERE YOUR MECHANIC IS, IS CONSIDERED THE EPICENTER OF NEW YORK CITY CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK, WHICH NEW YORK CITY IS THE HARDEST HIT NEW YORK STATE PLACE, WHICH NEW YORK STATE, IS THE HARDEST HIT STATE BY CORONAVIRUS OF U.S.
Not at this time.

Last edited by marcela; 04-10-2020 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:05 PM
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a little sedan to cart my child around in so the truck has been sitting a lot over the past two months. The battery died and had to jump it and found that there was a small leak from the upper hose in the cooling system. That will be simple enough to replace. My check engine light came on and it was due to code P0322 which is the "knock sensor 2 circuit low input (bank 2)". Ive looked at youtube video how to's and looks very doable but I was just wondering if there is anything else I should be doing while I have the intake off and if I might need any special tools other than the basics?

Old 04-15-2020, 08:49 AM
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by benmickel
I bought a little sedan to cart my child around in so the truck has been sitting a lot over the past two months. The battery died and had to jump it and found that there was a small leak from the upper hose in the cooling system. That will be simple enough to replace. My check engine light came on and Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1 it was due to code P0322 which is the "knock sensor 2 circuit low input (bank 2)". Ive looked at youtube video how to's and looks very doable but I was just wondering if there is anything else I should be doing while I have the intake off and if I might need any special tools other than the basics?
I might need any special tools other than the basics

Old 04-15-2020, 05:20 PM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I had similar problem changed the inlet gaskets, cleaned the plugs.did not change the coils, the error codes 301 303 305 ect are misfire codes garage has changed plugs and coils at vast cost to you as a blanket change out. the knock sensor going faulty will report the misfires.

the bad news is that to change the knock sensor is a big job, you have to removed the air track lump on the top of the engine, remove the injector rail and lower mounting and that holds the injectors. plug the inlet holes with paper towel to stop anything dropping down the holes. you can just see the knock sensor now but you have to remove the alu pipe and the steel pipe that goes to the water pump. you will need a 10mm ring spanner with a 90' bend in it to undo one of the bolts .
the knock sensor is held by a single bolt and has a black cable going to the waterpump end of the engine with a plug onto the engine loom.

knock sensor cost around £30
time to remove and replace will take around 5 hours

cheaper to ship it to UK to be fixed at the prices you have been charged.