i need more hp more power

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry i need more hp more power

i feel sad when ever i look at 250km & the max speed that i got to is 210km

i all ready gave my car a K&N filter & split fire spark plugs

can any one tell me what to do other than what i did

of cours i read about the SLR performance chip but is it worth it??

and i am not only asking about the SLR performance chip.
plz tell me about all the good stuff that i can add 2 my jag

2.5 2006 auto

thanx

Old 05-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Sad to say there are not a whole lot of performance modifications you can do easily or cheaply to the X. Arden chip seems to be the consensus here on the way to go. That is not cheap, at least $1500 dollars I believe. If there is anything comparable to the Arden that was out there it would have shown up on this site a long time ago. Probably your simplest and cheapest option would be to get a 3.0 X Type and a manual transmission if you can find one, although I think they stopped offering the manual after 2005.

As for the SLR, just looking at their website would make me skeptical of even thinking of buying anything from them. They don't even tell you how it works to get the supposed gains. Plus, they even have an application for Daewoo! That should tell you somethng right there. There is no free lunch when it comes to adding performance to the X, or really any car if you want to do it right IMO.

And 210KMH is not bad. That's still 130 MPH. Don't know how many guys have even been able to find a place to run their cars that fast, at least without risking getting a huge fine. Does Saudi Arabia have unlimited speeds on their roads?

Old 05-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some X-Types are speed limited, as far as I know. So it may be that your car won't allow you to go over 210km/h even if it could.

Then again the 2.5L engine is even less of a beast than the 3.0L is.

Get a S-Type R instead I say.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Smile >>>>>>>>>>>

Originally Posted by Alfadude
And 210KMH is not bad. That's still 130 MPH. Don't know how many guys have even been able to find a place to run their cars that fast, at least without risking getting a huge fine. Does Saudi Arabia have unlimited speeds on their roads?
no thay have 120kmh speed limit

but i only drive this fast on free ways & evry week end i take my jag for a road trip from riyadh to jeddah that' 950km distant with only 3 police check points thats why it's easy to drive 2 fast in saudi arabia.

thank Alfadude for your help but i am looking for information about other stuff like headers or exsust system & maybe supercharge if posibel.

(sorry for the bad speling my english is not that good)

Old 05-25-2009, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sevren
Some X-Types are speed limited, as far as I know. So it may be that your car won't allow you to go over 210km/h even if it could.

Then again the 2.5L engine is even less of a beast than the 3.0L is.

Get a S-Type R instead I say.
i know that the s-type R is much beter than my x-type
but i love my car & i love Challenge thats way i want 2 tune up my X-TYPE
& i think that 2005-2009 x-type are not speed limited
i am going 2 ask about it be cause i work in the exclusiv importer of jaguar & land rover as a sales consultant.

thanks 4 ur Reply any way

Old 05-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Mee, I know what you are asking for. Search this site and there are a lot of posts asking the same thing you are. Engine performace upgrades for our cars are very limited. That is the Holy Grail for everyone on this site. Unless you do custom mods yourself you are very limited. Arden chip, K&N and Borla mufflers are about it. There are suspension and brake kits you can buy, but that won't help with straightline performance. Because of the drivetrain (transfer case) is the weakpoint you risk very expensive repairs trying to get too much more power. The cars have been around long enough that if there was enough demand there would be more companies that would have developed performance modifications. Sadly for our cars that's not the case. Unless you have the time, money and know how to custom fabricate those things yourself you are out of luck. I know RacerX put a turbo on his, but he fabricated it all himself. I'm sure he will see this and can chime in on the cost/benefits involved, but he is the only one that I know of that attempted something like that. And if you do find something any of us have missed please post.

So, sit back, relax and enjoy knowing that you can at least max out your car once in a while on the highway. Most of us don't have even that opportunity here in the States.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Alfadude
Mee, I know what you are asking for. Search this site and there are a lot of posts asking the same thing you are. Engine performace upgrades for our cars are very limited. That is the Holy Grail for everyone on this site. Unless you do custom mods yourself you are very limited. Arden chip, K&N and Borla mufflers are about it. There are suspension and brake kits you can buy, but that won't help with straightline performance. Because of the drivetrain (transfer case) is the weakpoint you risk very expensive repairs trying to get too much more power. The cars have been around long enough that if there was enough demand there would be more companies that would have developed performance modifications. Sadly for our cars that's not the case. Unless you have the time, money and know how to custom fabricate those things yourself you are out of luck. I know RacerX put a turbo on his, but he fabricated it all himself. I'm sure he will see this and can chime in on the cost/benefits involved, but he is the only one that I know of that attempted something like that. And if you do find something any of us have missed please post.

So, sit back, relax and enjoy knowing that you can at least max out your car once in a while on the highway. Most of us don't have even that opportunity here in the States.
god i am Frustrated but this is not over yet i'll keep looking for any thing to tune up my car btw it's the best car i ever driven ever just give me 1 month and i'll bring the good news.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck. Even Jaguar itself gave up the idea of a supercharged X-Type. For multiple reasons that I won't repeat because they have been mentionned over and over, the only changes you can do will be very costly, and will bring up very small hp gains. Look for racerx's thread like Alfa said, everything's in there.

That's why I said get a STR. If you're going to invest thousands of dollars to get very little performance in return, I would instead sell my X-Type and get a used STR. I have only driven the S-Type (non-R version) once and I did not think it handled as well as my X-Type (probably because of size and RWD vs AWD) but I'm in Canada so the weather is crap and the fastest I have been I think is 140 or 150km/h. With a warmer climate and no snow, I would seriously consider the S-Type.