X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If not for speed, then why did you buy an X.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If not for speed, then why did you buy an X.

Yeah, that was a point I forgot to make. BMWs, Mercedes, Audi, Infiniti, Lexus - they are a dime a dozen around here. The other day I saw two Mercedes and at least three BMWs on the way to the grocery store - but not one Jaguar! Since I had the car (two weeks tomorrow), I have seen maybe two Jags. It is very unique but you still instantly know what it is when you see it.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

Cranberry seats that nearly no one else has, contrasting colours on dash(Birds Eye Maple Grey Veneer,warm charcoal facia,dark carpets,contrasting light A pillars, interior roof lining,cranberry door cards with black, AWD (family safety) and the 3.0 engine.
Travelled the country looking at AWD for a week before buyingand then went back to the first place I looked that had the only one out of a few that I wanted.Others had heated seats ,cruise,park sensorsetc mine didnt...but it has now(apart from heated seats...still its got the switches just need to fit the pads!)
Great look andsoundtoo!
No German blandness

Old 12-09-2008, 06:40 AM

Its a Jag.....what else is there to say?

Old 12-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Psych

Yeah, that was a point I forgot to make. BMWs, Mercedes, Audi, Infiniti, Lexus - they are a dime a dozen around here. The other day I saw two Mercedes and at least three BMWs on the way to the grocery store - but not one Jaguar! Since I had the car (two weeks tomorrow), I have seen maybe two Jags. It is very unique but you still instantly know what it is when you see it.
Agree! I don't see a lot of Jags, so it's a head turner and people like to talk about it. My kid's friends are crazy about it and that's nice but, it's more about how much we love the car for us. I fell in love with driving again.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: christo

I think the car is fast enough, I had my fill when I was younger. I really like the look of the car, in the past I have either lowered, changed rims or done some kind of exterior modification. The X is staying just the way it is. I love the way it looks and rides.
couldnt have said it better!

Been there and done that whole speed and rims etc bit. Now I want a smooth car with decent power and great looks. The Jag fills a lot of needs/wants, and does it at a smaller cost than other cars I was considering. Also, for some reason, people think its expensive too, lol

Old 12-09-2008, 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: ShaguarNYC

Been there and done that whole speed and rims etc bit. Now I want a smooth car with decent power and great looks. The Jag fills a lot of needs/wants, and does it at a smaller cost than other cars I was considering. Also, for some reason, people think its expensive too, lol
LOL yes! A friend of mine, when he saw it for the first time, insisted to me that "that car must have been at least $27,000"! I kind of laughed and said yeah, it was a little more than that... when it was brand new! Needless to say, he couldn't have been more off about the price. But it honestly does look like a very expensive car.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: Psych

LOL yes! A friend of mine, when he saw it for the first time, insisted to me that "that car must have been at least $27,000"! I kind of laughed and said yeah, it was a little more than that... when it was brand new! Needless to say, he couldn't have been more off about the price. But it honestly does look like a very expensive car.
I agree; it looks like a much more valuable car.
I take a lot of SH*T at work for driving mine, because it seems a little pretentious. But I've said many times "Look, if I could've afforded an ugly Ford like yours, I could've gotten one... but I couldn't! So I got this instead!"
That always gets a chuckle.... but it's true.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: McJaguar

I take a lot of SH*T at work for driving mine, because it seems a little pretentious.
I do too, and from a guy with 2 cars, a pick-up, and a Harley. He changes cars every year and my Jag replaced a pick-up I had driven for 11 years.Everyone at work thinks it's a 60k car and I just let them now.

There is also no shortage of people who want to ride in it either!

Old 12-10-2008, 03:42 PM

I am really pleased I restarted this thread. I just love my Jag more every day and I think out of all the answers Andreas sums it up perfectly "It's a Jag what else is there to say" Other than it has be be the VERY best car on the market for the price. I think the prospect of owning a Jaguar is above most peoples expectations. Any other British members out there? It's great so many of our friends across the pond have such good taste.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  6.3 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  6.4 KBName:  T15ESSST101-1.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  9.9 KBName:  tshirt03-2.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  6.0 KB

Was at the Saab dealership with my wife getting my 93 serviced and saw this X on the forecourt for an unbelievable price. Took a test drive after falling in love with the sexy lines of her and even the wife was hooked.....especially after visiting the garage for fuel and she got look after look....lol
SOLD!
Not the faster car I've driven by quite a way, but smooth and love the sound of the muted V6 too......Being 6'3" not the greatest in the way of headroom / legroom......but a great feelin to drive none the less.
Had sooo many comments about how I could afford a Jag too

Jim

Old 12-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

I test drove a white X with the sport package back in the day when I was buying my 350z.. I loved the car and the interior looked awesome and if not for the 6 speed manual in the Z, I probably would have bought it.. they still catch my eye when I see them driving around and they are very nice cars and are a lot of "bang for your buck"..

Old 12-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife and I stumbled onto the X Type while shopping for a BMW in 2003. Loved the classic styling, the nice interior, and the big trunk space. After a test drive, we were hooked, and, bought a BRG 2.5 Automatic. 3 years later, I had the 03 at the dealer to check on extending the warranty. The dealer mentioned that he could give me an excellent deal on an 06 3.0. He wasn't kiding, and, I went home with a new 3.0. The X is simply the best long distance trip car I ever owned. It handles foul weather with no drama, handling is excellent, and the performance is very satifiactory to me with either engine. On our hilly, very curvy interstates, she'll cruise along at 75MPH with no sweat.

Regards:
Oldengineer

Old 12-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This car is definitely a cruiser, I drove it for 9 hrs straight going from NYC to Kitty Hawk and only stopped for gas once. Ride was smooth and no problems, and people in North Carolina loved the car, i guess not alot of Jags down there.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Test drove a pre-owned 05 XJ/R - now that would have been for speed...

Stumbled across my 06 Sport new at the dealer last summer. Great price. Had all the features I wanted - and I really liked the look. And of course, there's the bonnet leaper....

I really was looking for a car other than a BMW, Lexus or MBZ.