Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior trim codes

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 05:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior trim codes

Hello All,

Just joined so please forgive me if this has been gone over before, however I have a couple of questions in regards to the trim codes of my X Type.
I have a trim code of SEN (Blonde) for the seats and another 2 letter code of JY of which I am unable to find any reference to.

I purchased the car last year and following a fix to replace some of the gaskets the car it's self is in really good condition for a car of it's age and runs really well and has no rust, however the interior has not been really taken care of by past owners and could do with some work to tidy it up.To that end I am looking for a company that sells the SEN dye for the seats and I also needs to tidy up a few of the interior panels too including the glove box door which has chipped paint and the white primer (I presume) is showing through. Also the trim on the centre console is scratched and could do with a fresh cote of paint too, I believe it is a matte metallic gunmetal.

Can anyone help with the above and advise what type of paint or dye I would need for the trim and also a company that would be able to supply the correct paints/dyes I would need to carry out this interior spring clean?

Kindest Regards
Richard

Old 04-17-2020, 10:20 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,916 Likes on 3,218 Posts

Doughnut, first off, welcome to the Forums. Lots of good information here. Please stop by the New Member Section and tell us a litlte bit about yourself. We pride ourselves in being a better car group and we get to know one another around here. This will also help you figure out who the key people are around here.

As for your question, you wlll need to stop by 2 different shops. The first will be a leather shop. They will have a whole shelf full of dyes and they will match up the dye color to what you have. From there, once you know the color, you can buy as much as you need. The second place that you will need to stop by is an automotive paint shop. I am not talking your local corner store parts place. I am talking a shop that you smell the paint as you enter the door. All they do is mix automotive paint. You give them the SEN code, their books will tell them that this code has the following paint colors under it. From there, you tell them you need the tan and the gunmetal colors and they will have the original paint mix for those colors and will be able to mix you up 2 batches of paint. From there, you take an airbrush and apply the paint and you are done.

The following users liked this post:
Doughnutman22 (04-17-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo
Doughnut, first off, welcome to the Forums. Lots of good information here. Please stop by the New Member Section and tell us a litlte bit about yourself. We pride ourselves in being a better car group and we get to know one another around here. This will also help you figure out who the key people are around here.

As for your question, you wlll need to stop by 2 different shops. The first will be a leather shop. They will have a whole shelf full of dyes and they will match up the dye color to what you have. From there, once you know the color, you can buy as much as you need. The second place that you will need to stop by is an automotive paint shop. I am not talking your local corner store parts place. I am talking a shop that you smell the paint as you enter the door. All they do is mix automotive paint. You give them the SEN code, their books will tell them that this code has the following paint colors under it. From there, you tell them you need the tan and the gunmetal colors and they will have the original paint mix for those colors and will be able to mix you up 2 batches of paint. From there, you take an airbrush and apply the paint and you are done.
Hi Thermo,

Thanks for the information it's much appreciated and will start looking for a paint shop in my area..... well if not closed due to the lockdown lol. I have also purchased a spare set of wheels as 1 has a buckle in it and the others are really badly damaged with curb rash etc and would require professional restoration which is beyond a sensible budget for me. The new set will require some restoration, however this is within my skill set to deal with as I am a keen model maker of all types and have a number of years experience with spraying filling and sanding . I will of course update my profile information so other can learn a little more about me.

Once again thank you for the help.
Regards
Richard

Old 04-22-2020, 01:38 PM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Guys, this is something I'm wanting to touch up the glove box and console, seems to be a common place they get worn. could I ask where you found the codes for the trim? I need to touch up the leather seats particularly the drivers seat. I referbed the alloys last year and opted for a common paint I could access cheaply and easily with a top coat of lacquer, they do look good now.

Old 04-22-2020, 04:05 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,916 Likes on 3,218 Posts

Hex, open up your driver's door. If you look down near the bottom of the B-pillar (what separates the front and rear doors), you should see a build sticker for your car and near the bottom of that sticker, you should see something like "INT CLR" with a 2-4 character code underneath it. That will be your interior color. Per the service manual, it may even say "TRIM".with the code to the right of TRIM.

The following users liked this post:
Hex Type (04-23-2020)