X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jag emblem

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jag emblem

Ive had my jag emblem stolen twice now and I’m SOOOOOOOO paranoid it’s going to happen a third time…. is there anything I can do to prevent that? for example: connect something that gives an electric shock if someone touchs it...?

If anyone ever rips that off again I may rip there head off…

Old 05-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

technically you could too do that...maybe put a switch so when it bends in any direction it completes the circuit and sends a lifter to the jerk who is grabbing it..but then you may have this said jerk smash the rest of your car for giving you a shock...maybe just hook up a small spy camera on your mirror and have the cat rigged to turn the camera on and upload it to an ipod in the glovebox when its bent in any direction...

Old 05-08-2010, 05:41 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,922 Likes on 3,222 Posts

Baby_Jag, this has been brought up a few times. Unfortunately, based on where you live, electrifying the kitty on the hood can lead to a major lawsuit (cost you much more than even 100 kitties). The other option that has been discussed a lot is simply modifying the kitty to make it hard mounted. While this will keep the kitty on the hood (normally), it can lead to major body damage (specifically the hood, but could **** the person off and lead to damage elsewhere). It is kinda a no win situation.

What some have done is remove the kitty all together and then they get a badge from off of an S-Type which is nothing more than about a 3" in diameter disk that would cover up the hole on the hood and it has a nice Jag emblem on it and something that says "3.0L" on it too.

Hopefully this gives you something to think about and help you decide how you want to handle this.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Disco Stu posted a thread about this . BTW, you can also buy a removable leaper that Arden makes it however I don't think the base of your leaper would not match or fit to the Arden's leaper .
Arden's hoood ornament comes with base and leaper and your existing base needs to be removed in order to mount Arden's kit but that will require a serious job that you don't want to pull the trigger

Old 05-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Get a really good security system...

Old 05-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ufoz8mycow
Get a really good security system...

LOL I like how u think

Old 05-08-2010, 10:20 PM

Kimber makes a nice 1911.

Old 05-09-2010, 02:12 AM

Or.. move to texas.. buy a property in a very rough area.. and park th jag juuust on the edge of the property so the punks have to step inside...when they do.. use the security system..From what i remember you can pop anyone who steps on your property there who poses a threat to you or your belongings.. am i right? If so.. its Gods Country..lmao

Old 07-01-2010, 09:35 PM

This is the #1 worry that I have about getting a Jag...

Old 07-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Received 8,241 Likes on 4,971 Posts

Last year the CASTLE DOCTRINE was enacted and we no longer have to retreat to a safe area when bad guys attack. We can now use FORCE to protect life and property with LESS chance of prosecution. I live in a Rural Area and the Sheriff is less likely to have a problem with firearms than a City Police Dept. We don't have gangs in rural North Central Texas (farmers and ranchers usually have guns and we target shoot on our property) We do have stupid people that steal stuff but sometimes they get caught or get dead!!

bob gauff

Old 07-02-2010, 06:42 AM

Guys around my neighborhood are sneaky...

Old 07-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Location: That Rectangular Hole in the Consciousness of America
Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

You folks would suffer some form of 'Culture Shock' around here.

No one, and I mean NO one turns off their car when they go into the store (gotta leave the AC on!). No one gets things stole from their car, ever.

My favorite local story was about a decade ago, a couple were out for a walk and they see their BRAND NEW car drive by them at a pretty good clip. "Whoever borrowed our car is driving it kind of fast!"

They waited about 5 days before reporting it stolen - they figured whoever borrowed it would bring it back when they were done with it. (Ended up being a couple of teens from out of state needeing to get out of friendly North Dakota, and they didn't bring it back!)

I don't worry about the Jag, or the Leaper. (But, I don't leave the keys in it!)

As for Detroit, I got robbed by a little old lady there (she kept my phone deposit at a motel). Scary place.

Snot up the Leaper with vaseline or something. No one likes booger on their hand, and will make it too slick to rip off the hood.

That's MY solution!

Old 07-03-2010, 06:48 AM

I live in Detroit..

Old 07-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Well in Texas you are allowed by law to use deadly force to protect property as well as life, but it is still a gray area sometimes. And the Castle Doctrine never really applied to things like home invasion. Under Texas law, if someone breaks into an occupied dwelling you can assume they are there to cause you bodily harm and fire at will. Off your property, you no longer have to retreat first if it is an option prior to using deadly force, but that really is more applicable to if you feel personally threatened, as opposed to protecting property. Personally I would not want to explain to a judge why I shot and killed a man for stealing my leaper. Even if you avoid criminal charges, there is always civil suits to contend with. And no matter what you will incur legal costs.

Having said that, if I am going to kill to protect my leaper, I think I will use something that will reach out and touch the perp, as opposed to my Glock at close range. Here is my leaper enforcer:

Old 07-04-2010, 03:34 PM

How come Texas can get away with everything?

Old 07-04-2010, 05:03 PM

We're bigger.

Taking my AK47 out to shoot at a public range this week. Nothing better then unloading a 30 roung mag of 7.62x39 to get your aggression out. Is this a great country or what?

But I do not drive my Jag over there. Ha ha. It s a pick up kind of place.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:37 PM

I went to a range just the other day...

Shot my first gun out there...It was pretty exhilarating aside from the excruciating noise..

Old 07-05-2010, 06:34 PM

I hear that some people actually remove their Leaper when they're in certain places.

How easy is it to attach and re-attach the Leaper yourself?

Old 07-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SimpsonTide985
I hear that some people actually remove their Leaper when they're in certain places.

How easy is it to attach and re-attach the Leaper yourself?
there was someone who made his thread in from the top so it was much easier to remove and install, only a couple seconds..not that hard if you know how to weld.

btw...here is baby jag's car..yes i convinced her to go with 20z
Julez i dont think u have posted it yet
Name:  IMG00024-20100625-1525.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  155.2 KB

Old 07-05-2010, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by SimpsonTide985
I went to a range just the other day...

Shot my first gun out there...It was pretty exhilarating aside from the excruciating noise..
I hope you wore hearing protection. Shooting without it is for Hollywood only.....or if your life is in danger.

Quick Reply: Jag emblem