X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jag X-Type !! Will never buy one again!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jag X-Type !! Will never buy one again!

I have a '73 Toyota coup that runs way better with ga-zillion miles on it ,then my FORD made Jaguar... Cant wait to sell it to the next fool thinking its the best car ever made! advice for anyone looking to buy a Jag X-Type...man do some reading in this forum first and you will see!....not to mention the poor resale value!

HEY HENRY!! BRING BACK THE MODEL T & A...DONT TRY TO MAKE EURO CARS ,BECAUSE U SVCK AT IT................

Old 04-20-2010, 01:10 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sometimes mechanical things have faults... No need to get upset....

Old 04-20-2010, 04:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

I can see your depression on your X Type but defaming the brand will not work out your problems . Nothing is meant to be perfect , resale value is not as high as bimmers or Mercs but X Type is a Jaguar and Jaguar always takes over Germans or other makes when it comes to styling .
You might also buy a BMW 3 Series but they aren't greater either

Old 04-20-2010, 04:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool X Type

Have to agree, the X type is rubbish made by Ford. How dare they damage the most famous brand in the world by making junk.

The only real Jaguar for me is the XJ, the best selling lux car in the world.

Ford have not made a Lux car since the MK3 Granny(what a car for its age). so they decide to take over a brand that they cant manage and dont even understand and produce the crap X type.

Long live the AJ engine poetry in motion!!!!

Old 04-20-2010, 05:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  19.3 KB

Well guys, I have to say that I think you'll find a few hundred X owners on here that will disagree with you wholeheartedly
Yes the X type ( like many other cars has its faults )....you may have been unlucky enough to get a lemon or maybe your maintenace programme wasn't what it could've been!
Anyhow, vincek, hopefully you get the car sold and move on to your next Toyota ( They have a few probs right now don't they?? )
Anyway, I hope for your sake that the next prospective owner does't join this forum and see your post
Good luck with the sale.....

Old 04-20-2010, 05:17 AM
ud
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by thejagman
so they decide to take over a brand that they cant manage and dont even understand and produce the crap X type.
Takeover? Is that what the kids are calling SAVED from the fate of Hillman, Daimler, Triumph, MG, Austin Healey, Sunbeam, TVR and all the others who were so well managed. Don't get me wrong, the X type isn't a great car but it can be a GREAT used car to the right buyer. Had Jaguar stuck with it they might actually be doing decent in this economy. Sure it needed a redesign but when Ford bought Jag they needed something new in their showrooms 10 years before not in the next 5 years. Development time was an issue. Problem is they didn't follow up with a new model, they simply gave up and at least in the US crawled back to the lazy shifting, too soft riding luxo crap XJs that Buick can beat them at for 1/4 of the price. That to was a great car. Before I was born that is.

Oh and WTF is a Toyota coup and why didn't it rust out 2 weeks after getting off the boat like the rest of the Toyotas of the era?

Last edited by benebob; 04-20-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

No one ever said it was the best car ever made. Hopefully you bought yours used and didn't pay a fortune for it. Sell it, move on, and save us from posts like this. Bye.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 310jag
No one ever said it was the best car ever made. Hopefully you bought yours used and didn't pay a fortune for it. Sell it, move on, and save us from posts like this. Bye.
Amen.... I love my Jag, runs fine, had it for over a year now and I'm almost 100% sure your '73 Toyota doesn't come close to a Jaguar lol ... Every thing comes to an end eventually... Deal with it....

Old 04-20-2010, 08:50 PM

my baby needs love, i wanna give her love, sometimes i think of selling her...but then i drive it and it makes me wanna buy another one. what can i say, i love my x type

Old 04-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

When u get in you car, and put the key in the ignition, u hear a car come to life, not a car come to life and about to run away from you aka toyota

Old 04-20-2010, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by JagXType620
Amen.... I love my Jag, runs fine, had it for over a year now and I'm almost 100% sure your '73 Toyota doesn't come close to a Jaguar lol ... Every thing comes to an end eventually... Deal with it....

But my 1973 Toyota has way more resale value then yours........and it doesn't come with leather & air bags

Last edited by vincek; 04-20-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by thejagman
Have to agree, the X type is rubbish made by Ford. How dare they damage the most famous brand in the world by making junk.

The only real Jaguar for me is the XJ, the best selling lux car in the world.

Ford have not made a Lux car since the MK3 Granny(what a car for its age). so they decide to take over a brand that they cant manage and dont even understand and produce the crap X type.

Long live the AJ engine poetry in motion!!!!

AMEEEENNNNNN!!!
Google the reviews on the X-type and get your self a large bag of popcorn! you will be reading for days!

Old 04-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by JagXType620
Well said,
Honestly, I cannot even believe you would compare a Jaguar to a toyota. Its simply unheard of. Sure a ferrari might break down every once in a while but are you going to compare that to your 73 toyota... please. dont waste your time aswell as our time on this forum because YOU had a problem with your jag. A jag will always be a jag, and few cars can come close to their prestige. Goodbye

Old 04-21-2010, 04:30 AM

People here are complaining about Ford and what they did. The X was based on the Mondeo a car proven to be reliable. Sure the X has problems especially the early models but all cars have good and bad ones. Jags have never been known for their reliability. Trust me I live here in the home of Jag Coventry UK, I knew many people that worked on the XJ production line and believe me there are some horror stories about how some cars where fudged.
What you fail to realise is whilst you slag off Ford Jaguar. They do not now own it Tata Motors do. An Indian company. Do you think they will do any better?? I would say not eventually they will be all made in India, then we will see what you have to say about reliability and build quality.
If William Lyons was alive today I wonder what we would think to his beloved Jaguar brand. I am sure that he would be horrified that Jaguars are not made in Coventry.

I love my X type I am sure it may have problems here and there but it looks way better than that common German stuff. And to compare a Jag to a Toyota, wooo hold on now is it not Toyota that is recalling just about all its models world wide for horrendous failures.

I rest my case.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by vincek
I have a '73 Toyota coup that runs way better with ga-zillion miles on it ,then my FORD made Jaguar... Cant wait to sell it to the next fool thinking its the best car ever made! advice for anyone looking to buy a Jag X-Type...man do some reading in this forum first and you will see!....not to mention the poor resale value!

HEY HENRY!! BRING BACK THE MODEL T & A...DONT TRY TO MAKE EURO CARS ,BECAUSE U SVCK AT IT................
As someone who owns a 2007 Jaguar X Type and a 2007 Mercedes Benz 280 4 Matic I have to disagree with your assessment. When I bought both cars back in 2007 they cost roughly the same. Based on market value in my area (Washington DC) I could get around $2K more for the Mercedes than the x-Type. So the gap isn't that great. Prior to this we used to have a couple of Subaru Outback station wagons.

Having used both cars now for around 30K miles each and owned them for about the same time (the Mercedes is around 7 months newer), I can say that I prefer the x-type to the 280 4 matic in every way. The x-type seems to be a really underestimated car (in the US at least).

People often talk about the x-type being a clone of the Ford Mondeo. However, there appears to be more differences between the Ford Mondeo and the Jaguar X-type than there are between many VW and Audi models or Honda and Acura Models and Lexus and Toyota Models. In the other cases often it's just a straight re-badge. Here at least the jag is AWD - is the Mondeo isn't. So just because it is based on a Ford platform does not make it a lesser car. If anything, the x type has been rock solid for us and it is our defacto family car for long trips. It's more comfortable than the C280.

This is my first post here, but I have read this forum for awhile now. However, given that the Jag x type is pretty comparable to the C280 in terms of both re-sale value and comfort and performance I have no idea how anyone can compare this to a 73 Toyota!

I bet even my 2004 Subarus were better than the 73 Toyotas...

Old 04-21-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by aluni2230

People often talk about the x-type being a clone of the Ford Mondeo. However, there appears to be more differences between the Ford Mondeo and the Jaguar X-type than there are between many VW and Audi models or Honda and Acura Models and Lexus and Toyota Models. In the other cases often it's just a straight re-badge. Here at least the jag is AWD - is the Mondeo isn't. So just because it is based on a Ford platform does not make it a lesser car.
Hi aluni2230

while i agree with most of your statement but not all Jag X types are all AWD, Here in UK we had a 2.1ltr V6 petrol model that was not released in the USA. This model is the one I drive and it is front wheel drive only. I am not sure whether the diesel models are 4 wheel drive.
In the UK the Ford Mondeo is a tried and tested car. I have my sales reps in them 3 cars doing 30k per year with very few problems. Of course they are all jealous of my X Type but hey....

Either way glad your one of the many on this forum who like their X type.Unlike the bloke (guy) who started this thread

Old 04-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  19.3 KB

Bolly is right about the 2.1 being FWD. The other variants are the 2.0d and the 2.2d which are both FWD also as I'm sure most of you already know.
I had around 5 Ford Mondeo's and put 160k from new over 3 years in nearly all of them, and they never missed a beat, not once. As a sales rep at the time I realllllly drove them hard n fast for long periods .....an absolute workhorse and I loved them dearly. I'd have another one tomorrow and wouldn't think twice about it.

welcome aboard alunni.....why not post up an intro into the new members section so that everyone can welcome you to the site properly?

Old 04-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Location: That Rectangular Hole in the Consciousness of America
Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

Vincek (who started this thread) might have a point.

(Excluding the one on the top of his head)

A '73 Toyota probably has greater resale value, if you live in a Trailer Park.

And no one can argue the image a '73 Toyota presents to the world: Trailer Park.

I can just imagine the thrill of that '73 Toyota filling the Trailer Park with the deep throaty sounds of that rusted-out muffler.

Add a little duct-tape over the missing wing-window, throw a couple of empties under the seat - and man, THAT'S a ride!

Yeah, I agree. Vincek needs to get rid of his Jaguar. It might be damaging to his image.

***Note to Mods: Oops. I shouldn't have said all that. Go ahead and pull it, I don't want to be responsible for a "Flame" or a war.

Last edited by Bruce in North Dakota; 04-21-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bolly
People here are complaining about Ford and what they did. The X was based on the Mondeo a car proven to be reliable. Sure the X has problems especially the early models but all cars have good and bad ones. Jags have never been known for their reliability. Trust me I live here in the home of Jag Coventry UK, I knew many people that worked on the XJ production line and believe me there are some horror stories about how some cars where fudged.
What you fail to realise is whilst you slag off Ford Jaguar. They do not now own it Tata Motors do. An Indian company. Do you think they will do any better?? I would say not eventually they will be all made in India, then we will see what you have to say about reliability and build quality.
If William Lyons was alive today I wonder what we would think to his beloved Jaguar brand. I am sure that he would be horrified that Jaguars are not made in Coventry.

I love my X type I am sure it may have problems here and there but it looks way better than that common German stuff. And to compare a Jag to a Toyota, wooo hold on now is it not Toyota that is recalling just about all its models world wide for horrendous failures.

I rest my case.

Um tata, actaully makes really reliable cars lol, u shouldsee some of the stuff thats been built there. I went to india, tata, maruti( suzsuki rebadged) were the foremost common cars, i can bet u anything u will not drive a kilometer, thee without seeing a tata. Ill even bet the JAG!!! lol, i just hope they turn the company around and bring it back on top.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Veteran Member

by the way, my longboard has a higher resale value then ur 72 toyota, and it doesn't anti rusting.

Quick Reply: Jag X-Type !! Will never buy one again!